six.

Harry was a man addicted.

Even after just the few little kisses he and Mia had shared outside in the hall, he knew he’d never find anything like her ever again. Nor did he want to. This was it, she was it and he was completely fine with it.

His eyes followed along her figure as she opened up the door for them, tip-toeing inside before she unzipped her boots and I followed her example, taking off my shoes.

She took off her coat as well and revealed the pretty floral top she wore today. Silently, she padded over to one of the closed doors in the apartment and stopped in front of it, listening for a moment. Mia then turned around with a small smile, “Hazel’s asleep.” She whispered.

Harry smiled back and nodded, also taking off his coat. The apartment was mostly dark and Mia flicked on a few lights in the living area. After closing the glass door that separated the bedrooms from the kitchen and living room, she stopped walking on her toes and she stopped whispering.

Harry found it endearing how she cared for her roommate’s wellbeing, careful not to make too much noise around midnight. On the other hand, he found everything Mia did endearing.

“Do you want anything to drink?” She asked, the usual tone of innocence in her voice. Harry slowly walked around the room again as if it was his first time being here and glanced at her over his shoulder, “Are you having anything?”

Mia shrugged softly, “Maybe some tea?”

“Tea’s good.” Harry smiled back before sitting down on the couch. Silence ran between them and both started overthinking just a smidge. Outside the door, the mood was a little hot and intimate. Now Mia was in the kitchen, busying herself with the tea as Harry nervously rubbed his hands up and down his own jean-covered thighs.

Maybe she didn’t like the kiss as much as he thought? Maybe she only invited him in to be polite? Maybe she didn’t want to take it any further and this was just a nice goodbye?

Harry knew that out of the two of them, Mia was supposed to be the nervous wreck and he was supposed to be the rational one. But this girl just turned his life upside down and he couldn’t rely on any knowledge he knew about women. Mia just managed to turn him so nervous for some reason.

“Here you go.” She softly smiled, breaking his train of thoughts as she joined him on the couch, putting down the tray with cups and the steaming water, “D’you want the same as last time? I also have like – uh… green tea or black tea. Or jasmine.” Mia listed.

Harry offered her a gentle smile, his fingers clasped together in his lap to keep his hands from shaking, “’M good, love. What you gave me last time was good.”

“Okay.” Mia breathed, trying to keep her trembling hands under control as she poured them both a cup. The apartment was silent as they got comfortable on the large couch, a decent distance between them.

Mia wanted to be closer, but she didn’t know how to ask him or what to do. She was so shy and reserved and found it hard to initiate anything. She hoped she didn’t give Harry the idea that she wasn’t interested, it was just hard for her to take those first steps. She had appreciated that he had done that up until now, as the more experienced one and seemingly the one with the level head as she struggled to find words whenever he was near her.

“So how did you two find this place?” Harry questioned as his eyes went around the room. He admired the apartment from his seated position on this very comfortable couch. His dorm was nothing compared to this, but he also knew he paid about one third of the price Mia had to pay for rent.

Mia sat up on the couch a little, happy for the breaking of silence, “Hazel’s older sister used to live here and rented it for a few years when in uni. So then she moved out and Hazel got the first pick. And I responded to her Facebook message in one of those groups, you know?”