a very special new year's eve

Word count: 25,978 (i'm sorry)

__________________________

"Harry, that tickles." Mia smiled softly as she had her eyes trained on the book she was reading.

It was nice and warm enough in her apartment for her to have her legs bare, sleeping shorts covering her up a little as she paired it with one of Harry's sweaters. His head was on her thigh, his thumb stroking the inside of her knee.

A ticklish spot, Harry had found out. Her leg twitched a little, Mia biting her lip to fight off her smile as she tried to focus on the letters on the page of her book but she eventually threw her head back in a little giggle.

"I know." Harry smiled back, pressing his lips to her thigh.

"Stop." Mia chuckled and Harry gave in, patting her knee before readjusting his head on her thigh, "Am I hurting you, sweetheart?"

"Not at all." Mia murmured back, letting one hand rest on his head to play with his hair. Harry closed his eyes at the touch, humming softly, "Feels nice."

Mia smiled, continuing her read and the gentle strokes through Harry's soft hair. They were lounging on her couch as the evening came in. After spending the entire week at his parent's house, Harry had been basically spending the second week of Christmas break here, at Mia's apartment.

Hazel had gone off to her family for the break and returned yesterday evening. Even though Mia desperately wanted a girl's night with Hazel after not having seen her for two weeks, she couldn't help herself as she laid in bed by herself.

It was lonely, she felt. She was so used to Harry on the left side of her bed, constantly curled into her side and fitting his body around Mia's in whatever way. She missed his breaths in her neck, his arms around her, and the way he'd wake her up with his tongue between her thighs.

Mia felt cold beneath the sheets and texted him, asking him to come over. He was here within twenty minutes and missed her just as much as she missed him. Harry and Mia hadn't left each other's sides during the two weeks of Christmas breaks and both dreaded the return of classes. It meant not spending each breathing moment with one another and it'd hurt.

Harry had grown insanely attached to his Mia, almost feeling like he couldn't go an hour without seeing or hearing from her. It drove his friends nuts and they constantly made fun of him, but Harry simply flipped them off and went to Mia's place to spend the night.

They weren't used to their moody friend being so smitten with a girl, but Mia just turned Harry into a soft, pink ball of fluff who could only dreamily stare at her and be filled with need for her.

The pair had hung out with his friends a few times, but Mia was constantly surprised at how filthy they were. Besides, Harry knew how much of a perfectionist she was. Mia tried, but she preferred her own home, her own comfort. Being social and being around people just sort of exhausted her.

And so her and Harry created some sort of a routine by living together for these two weeks. And it was very domestic. They woke up around nine and always tried to go out for their coffee order. It meant fresh air and a little movement, the December cold waking them up nicely. They felt fresh after that, taking the coffee back to her apartment and whipping up some breakfast.

Mia sheepishly admitted that she'd been having the same breakfast for years because she just enjoyed it so much. Toast with eggs and a little bit of fruit. Harry had chuckled at that, shaking his head to himself because it was the most Mia thing that she could do.

Mia was a creature of habits, of structure. It didn't surprise Harry one bit that she one day found a breakfast she liked and stuck with it. She was always hesitant in trying new things, but worked hard on letting part of that go. By inviting Harry to move in temporarily, that was also being tested.