five.

Mia didn’t think she had often been this nervous.

She remembered being nervous to tell her parents she got two B’s in sixth form. She remembered being nervous when her parents introduced her to Daniel with a very apparent wiggle in their brows. She remembered being nervous about being alone with him for the first time only to feel disappointment pretty soon after as he was constantly on his phone and hardly spared her a glance.

But now, she was extra nervous.

For one, she had never gone on a date before. She wasn’t sure what to expect even if Hazel had gone over a billion different scenarios with her.

Mia had blindly agreed when Harry so politely asked her on a date. Sharing that hug with him had felt like being surrounded by a warm blanket, Mia had felt. And then they had broken apart, shared some tea as he was alone in his apartment and spoke a little more about his brother.

Harry had admitted that Mia had spoken the truth with the words she spoke during the therapy session. She had also said that professor Dillon pushed her into forming some sort of diagnosis and to confront him, something she tried to get through to Harry that she didn’t want to do.

He understood, and told her it was alright. He opened up though, to Mia, not therapist Mia.

And then when she decided to go home once her stomach started growling, he left another one of those mind blowing kisses on her cheek. Mia was certain that by now he knew fully well the effect those kisses had on her. They made Mia flustered and made her stumble over her words. She truly had difficulty remembering the English language when he was that close to her.

And she was right, Harry did know how he made her feel. He relished in it a little, making her squirm just the right amount that it stayed playful before crossing the line into making her anxious or uncomfortable. He hoped she’d communicate it to him, if he crossed a line.

Mia was picking out an outfit for the date, and so far Hazel had convinced her into thinking of a codeword that she could text if she needed saving. Mia felt like she was overdoing it a little, solemnly getting back at Mia because that was how she behaved whenever Hazel went on a date with someone.

Mia always made Hazel turn on her location so she could follow along. She also asked for hourly updates, which Hazel usually forgot. Mia didn’t blame her, but it had caused her to stay up sometimes during the night, checking her phone every few minutes to see an update for Hazel that could ease her mind.

Hazel didn’t go that far, only teasing Mia a little for her excessive worries. With Mia going on her own date tonight, Hazel was playing stylist. Mia wanted to look like herself, only a little more put together. Harry hadn’t told her much about the date or what they were going to do. 

So she wore black wide slacks and another cute floral top that she had lying around. Hazel continued complimenting her when she wore them until Mia shyly blushed.

“What time is he picking you up again?” Hazel asked for the fifteenth time. Mia anxiously nibbled her lip as she let Hazel brush through her hair. She had been for a while now and Mia suspected that her hair was brushed through enough, but she also suspected that Hazel could sense her anxiety and continued brushing through her locks to ease Mia’s nerves.

And she was right, it did feel extremely calming to feel someone playing with her hair.

“Seven.” Mia breathed, sliding a ring around her finger and then holding up her hand to inspect the way it looked. She tilted her head to the side for a better view, narrowing her eyes and all until she eventually decided to take it off again. She dropped it back into her jewellery box and let out a deep breath, “Okay, so tell me again what to do when he wants to – uh.. sleep with me.” Mia squeaked out.