let me hold you

Word count: 24,399

tw: panic attacks, unhealthy relationship with food, mentions of vomiting

_______________________________

Message to: Mi <3

Good luck today, sweetheart. I'm so proud of you already. Love you a lot <3

Harry smiled down at his phone as he sent the message to Mia. He then turned his phone around to focus on the lecture he was attending. It was the first day of the new semester and he really wanted to be better this time.

Mia made him want to be better.

Harry had never been the best student. He was quite smart without having to try much, but he was just lazy and slacked a lot. The complete opposite to Mia, who tried so very hard and continued struggling. Today was a big day for her. It was her first day in anthropology.

She had some of the same courses as she'd had when studying psychology, so she could drop a few and take on less materials which was good – seeing as she still refused to tell the school about her dyslexia.

Mia wasn't stubborn on any front, besides that. It baffled Harry, how she didn't want anyone to know and how she didn't want special treatment or the advantages she'd receive if they knew of her hardships with studying. He still didn't understand but decided to drop it. Instead, he'd been excited for her all through the last week of their Christmas break.

The only thing he wasn't excited for, was that Mia had a lot more classes on a different campus. He wouldn't see her walking around the hallways anymore all that often, they wouldn't be able to have lunch together anymore and after school, she couldn't as easily drop by his room.

Harry and Mia were apparently the only ones disliking this change in schedule. All his friends – and apparently Hazel had said the same to Mia – thought it was good that they maybe took some space apart. Harry waved it away when they claimed Mia and Harry had been glued together throughout their Christmas break, yet Harry couldn't really lie and say he didn't enjoy every second of it.

And he couldn't really lie and say he wouldn't miss her by his side every moment. Awake or asleep. He had gotten so used to Mia that his friends found it alarming how much he loved her. Now that Harry had just said it and came to terms with it, nothing was stopping him anymore. He hadn't noticed a single red flag in Mia in the months they had known each other and he only grew more fond and crazy for her.

She was his everything, and it was the same way the other way around.

Sleeping apart last night hadn't been fun. Harry preferred curling himself around Mia's smaller body, pulling her into his chest and listen to her steadying breaths. He was so accustomed to the warmth of her body against his, like his own personal furnace. She served as a pillow too, Harry often climbing on top of her to rest his head on her chest. Mia would let it all happen, hardly waking up as Harry moved her around however he saw fit.

She did wake up when she'd feel his fingers sliding inside her underwear as she was still half asleep. Harry would stare at her intently, waking her up in a way so primal he just couldn't help it. He loved the way her lips would smack together softly as she'd loll her head to the side sleepily. He loved the way her back would arch the tiniest bit when he'd flick his thumb over her little clit. He loved the way her eyes fluttered open and he was the first thing she'd lay eyes on. He loved the way a croaky whimper was the first sound she'd let out.

And Mia would return the favour sometimes, albeit in a much more subtle and gentle way. She'd push her covered ass back into his crotch as he spooned her, or she'd lock her leg around his thigh when he'd be on top of her. Harry would wake up slowly, a shudder running over his spine as Mia dragged her foot slowly up his calf and up the back of his thigh where she had learned he was ticklish. The scalp massage of her fingers through his locks would have him sigh out in morning bliss as he'd feel himself growing harder in his boxers until they'd do something.