harry's birthday - part two

Word count: 18,369

_________________

Waking up next to Mia always put Harry in the best mood. He wanted this every day of his life, blinking his eyes open and inhaling her scent first thing in the morning.

He wasn't even fully awake yet, but he felt her. Warm, soft skin against his as he spooned up against her. Their legs were entwined, his hand on her ribs which expanded with every steady breath he took.

Harry exhaled a puff of air against her bare shoulder and closed his eyes again, staying in his own personal paradise for a little bit longer and letting Mia rest. He let his thumb gently stroke her bottom lip as they laid flush together in her bed like always. He had scooted over to her side completely and they shared a pillow, his side of the bed near untouched.

He stared at the back of her head, the stud of the bumblebee in her ear catching his attention as it flickered slightly in the early sunlight. It was February and the sun was shining, which only put Harry in a better mood.

He wondered what she was dreaming of and he wondered if it was about him. He knew he dreamed of her every night, always. This night he had a particularly fun dream, one that he's had often in the past few months. It was almost stupid, how boring it sounded.

But him and Mia would be in a pretty house with a front yard that had roses in all different colours. She'd have a baby in her arms, her dress pushed down slightly to feed them. In a rocking chair, stacks of books next to her. And Harry would watch her as he occupied himself with their other little one, who was a little older by now.

His heart soared at the idea that that was his future. Him and Mia, happy together for always. Best friends and lovers, partners and companions. God, he loved her so much it physically hurt that he couldn't find the words to explain.

He sighed out and squeezed her a little tighter, pressing a featherlight kiss to her shoulder as Mia stayed asleep.

She stirred away a little while later as Harry was snoozing a little, enjoying his Saturday morning in bed with his love. Mia's slight shifting caused him to blink his eyes open again, and he opened them in time to see her pressing her hand to her mouth to stifle a yawn.

"Morning, lovie." He pressed another kiss to her shoulder and tightened his arms around her. Mia hummed and brushed her leg against his underneath the sheets, "Good morning." Mia bubbled back, shifting more until she managed to turn around in his arms.

Harry immediately took hold of her thigh to pull her closer to him, his hands roaming her soft, naked body in the morning.

His heart jumped violently at the sight of a sleepy Mia, yet she had a small smile on her face. She booped her nose into his before giving a shy kiss to his lips, "Happy birthday." She whispered with slightly pink cheeks.

Harry shot her a dimpled grin and pulled her closer, "Thank you, angel. 'S a perfect way to wake up on my birthday. Already the best birthday I've ever had." He dipped his head and kissed her again. His other hand snuck up the back of her neck, keeping her close to him.

Mia gladly nuzzled her face into his neck as they cuddled naked in bed, "Did you sleep well?" Mia asked.

"I did." Harry confirmed while stroking his palm down her back, "Did you?"

Mia hummed, "Yeah. I like sleeping with you."

He couldn't stop the corners of his lips curling up into a slight smirk and Mia immediately winced at her mistake, "I-I mean – well... that too. J-Just... uh – I like going to sleep with you. And waking up with you." Her face turned red as she hid in his neck and Harry squeezed her with a breathy chuckle rumbling up his throat, "'S okay, baby, I understand. And for the record, I like sleeping with you too." He teased a little bit.