LINK

Manny had my nerves bad, telling me they got me on camera being snatched up on a motorcycle. Thankfully, he couldn't tell who it was and let it go for now.

I know I have to be careful from here on out. Once my husband becomes suspicious about something he more than likely won't forget about it. This means no more Ludovic...we are one and done.

Keeping peace with Manny just works better for me. He's a whore, I'm used to it and really don't give a shit...sounds like I'm making excuses for his piss poor behavior but he also can get very violent.

After zipping up my black stiletto boots, I finished dressing and took a final look in the mirror. My light blue jeans looked painted on and my black puff sleeve wrap shirt was the perfect combo.

"What's my sexy wife doing today?" Manny stood behind me.

I smirked. "Minding my business."

He smacked my ass with a smile on his face. I turned around, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I have my phone if you need me."

Before I could walk away he grabbed me.

"Uh uh, not so fast."

He pulled me close, sticking his tongue in my mouth. If I didn't know any better I would think he was an amazing husband.

"Honey, I need to get to the boutique."

"Why rush, it opens when you say." He kissed my neck.

"Yes and I have clients to measure for their fittings."

He pulled away. "My little boss lady. I'm proud of you."

Manny was doing it again, being sincere about my accomplishments. He's always been supportive of me owning my business.

"Thank you, baby."

He bit his lip. "I'm getting you tonight, so no excuses."

I smirked. "Like that ever stopped you before."

Walking away, I could feel his eyes on me. As soon as I got in the car I exhaled like I escaped a trap. My phone rang and I smiled seeing the name on the screen.

"My Mona Lisa, what's up?"

"Hey, Fem. Taking these brats to school. How about you?"

"On the road too, it's really nice out."

"Where are you headed to?"

Mona was such a good friend but nosey as hell. I didn't mind because I'm always the first one to get the tea on our little wives club drama.

"The boutique, I have some clients to take care of today."

"Cha ching!"

I laughed then noticed a black car following me in my rearview mirror.

"Hey Mona, let me call you back, babe."

"Ok, brunch tomorrow."

We hung up and I turned left, the car followed. I stayed calm telling myself this is just a coincidence. I went past the boutique then turned right, the car kept straight.

Femi, don't start this paranoid shit.

I circled the block relieved and parked in front of Femi's Glam. For the next few hours the shop was packed.

"Femi!! This is absolutely gorgeous!"

My client posed in the mirror, wearing her custom made gown. Her reaction is what I was aiming for.

"Do you like it?"

"What?! I fucking love it!!!!"

I laughed then went to the back to grab the dress bag so she could take it home. This was dress 13 of the day and the boutique was still busy.

"Hey Femi, there's some cops here."

"For what? Gina, please bag Chantel's dress for me."

She gave me a nod as I walked back out to the front. It was Mr. Rivas and his partner.

"Hello, Femi. It's nice to see you."

"Hi, Mr. Rivas."

"You remember my partner."

"How you doing, Femi?"

"Hello, Darrell. I'm good. How can I help you two?"

"We had some questions about Sharla being attacked a few months back at the Charity Event. She claims you attacked her."

My heart raced not from fear but anger. She was becoming a fucking nuisance along with her daddy.

"I don't know what she's talking about."

He looked at me up and down like he did when I was a teenager. That always used to creep me out.

"That seems to be the phrase for everyone I've questioned. No camera footage from that night, no witnesses, not even the man that knocked her up knows what happened."

Mr. Rivas was a snake, that's where his daughter got it from. But he didn't scare me. He pulled me to the side away from his partner and the crowd.

"Mr. Rivas, I have clients that are waiting." I wanted him out of my store.

"Listen, Femi...I know you're pissed that my daughter took your man but keep your hands to yourself, understand?"

I wanted to slap the shit out of him but I've got too much to lose.

"Are you done?" I asked, showing no fear.

He smirked then walked away. "Let's go, Williams."

"Are you okay, boss?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I need to take a break. Can you handle things for a little bit?"

"Sure, I got you."

I smiled then walked into my office to calm myself down.