TAKE

Ludovic stood outside the Lake house and didn't sense Manny's presence inside. Not only did he get Femi's scent but the fading scent of a family member. Closing his eyes, he saw what room she was laying in and he appeared there too.

She was curled up naked with one wrist cuffed to the headboard. The black and blue bruises all over her body made Ludovic's blood boil. He was pissed that her husband wasn't there.

"Femi? Wake up, baby."

He broke the handcuff, removing it from her wrist. Femi's right eye was swollen shut and her busted lip had dried blood.

"Dovic..." She said softly before she passed out again.

When he lifted her into his arms, he noticed a stain of blood on the sheet where she laid. Before saying a word he took her to his current secluded home.

For the next few hours he bathed then slowly healed her. Femi had some bruised ribs and a sprained ankle that Ludovic had to take care of too.

"OW!" She winced while his power put her internal damage back together.

Within another hour, her bruises and swollen eye were fading away. She sat up in bed eating some chicken soup as Ludovic walked in....he smiled at her progress.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better," she said and handed the tray to him.

Ludovic put it on the dresser then sat in the chair across from the bed.

"I assume Manny hurt you...but why?"

"He kept asking me who I was sleeping with...he kidnapped my little cousin and..." Femi looked down afraid to finish speaking.

He leaned forward. "And who?"

Donnie Severna.

Ludovic heard the name Femi spoke in her mind and automatically he knew his cousin was dead. He knew Donnie was sneaking around with Tega's sister but thought he stopped.

"Manny knew about us?"

"I had to tell him. He would have hurt Star."

He got up and wiped Femi's tears. "It's okay, I'm not worried about getting hurt."

"He said he was going to kill you. I'm so sorry I got you mixed up in my bullshit..."

Ludovic grinned. "No need to apologize. I was a willing participant and I don't plan on stopping."

She looked at him surprised at his words. He was very calm without a care in the world.

"You know your husband is dead when I see him, right?"

Femi's hand's began to shake...He sat on the bed then softly kissed her lips. She knew Ludovic's words were true.

***

I tore apart the Lakehouse when I realized my wife was gone. She was handcuffed to the bed, so someone helped her.

My mind was racing as I got back into my car with her purse on the passenger seat. I couldn't go through her phone because I already destroyed it.

Now I wonder if Ludovic is the one who got her and if so...how? I made a few phone calls, telling our family and peers that a Severna kidnapped my wife. A reward was put in place and after a day or two, I had Landis and Merion Severna asking to meet up.

I'm not stupid enough to trust this not being a set up, especially since they located Donnie's body. It's been a long time since a Tega vs Severna fight has happened...and to think it's all because of my beautiful wife.

If I survive this...I plan to have our wedding vows renewed. The first wedding was at the courthouse so our second will be extravagant. My feelings for her haven't changed and besides, my wife's one affair after everything I've done isn't too bad.

No matter who is fucking her...Femi will always belong to me.

My phone rang and I answered.

"Manuel Tega?"

"Yeah..."

"This is Ludovic and yes, I have your wife."