twenty five

Samaria Londyn Hecks *Sam*
December 31,2019
Memphis, Tennessee| Home

Laying in bed just bored waiting for New Years to come so I could pray and set my resolutions so I could go to bed. Now every year I have spent well brought in New Years by myself. It sucks but hey uhmm I'm use to it by now. Ever since I was like 10 my mama has always left me to bring in New Years. I decided to turn on 'Friday After Next' and fix me a glass of wine. 5 minutes into the movie it was a knock on my door.

Getting up, "Who the fuck at my door?" Mumbling to myself. Looking through the peep hole, "Why is he here?" Opening the door, "Uhmmm why are you here?" Looking out and around.

Holding food, "I came to bring in the New Year with you." Looking at me.

"You honestly didn't have to I'm good." Tapping my foot.

"You saying that but I know you don't really wanna be alone." Making his way inside.

Moving out the way, "Yeah you could come in." Letting him in.

Locking my door, "What we watching?"

Sitting down, "I'M watching Friday After Next!" Eyeing him down cause he was finnah step on my carpet.

Taking his slides off, "My bad...I forgot!" Putting them up on the shoe rack.

"You good." I said.

Taking the food outta the bags, "You hungry?"

"Sure." Taking a sip of my wine.

He handed me a plate I just knew it came from his grandma.

"Tell your grandma I said thank you for the food." Opening my plate.

"I did and uhmm she was expecting you to come over tonight." Opening his plate.

Confused, "Why?"

"Long story." Quickly praying over our food.

Eyeing him down, "We got time." Pausing the movie. Taking a bite outta my food, "Go ahead!"

"The day after Thanksgiving when I went back over to my grandma house. She wanted to know why I brought you. But not in that way but so more for me cause she wasn't sure what my intentions are or were with you.". Clearing his throat, "Anyways long story short I told her the reason why I brought you and how you not really cool with your family. It made her feel bad and today she didn't want you to be alone like you were for Christmas." Nodding his head.

Feeling embarrassed, "Ohhh nooo!" Feeling my cheeks getting hot, "I'm sooo embarrassed."

"No need to be...you know how grandmas are." Unpausing the movie.

I wouldn't know cause I never had a relationship with mines. I ate my food in silence cause I was super embarrassed. Like I know he only told her outta good intentions but still embarrassing hearing it out loud. 'Friday After Next' went off and we was trying to find something else to watch.

Scrolling through the options, "I gotta question I need to ask you?" He said.

"Go head!" Still searching for a movie.

Clearing his throat, "As you know we have been vibing for the last couple of months. Even been on some dates but I wanted to take the next level. Samaria Londyn Hecks would you be my girlfriend?" Turning to me and staring in my soul.

Thought bout it for a second, "Uhmmmm...." Getting cut off.

"If you don't think it's the right now I'll understand if yo..." Cutting him off.