Chapter 4: Might Get Along

"Do you really need to go?" a crying Jasey said.

Today is the day.

"I really want to stay, Jase, but I can't." I answered.

"I will miss you." She said and hugged me tightly.

I hugged back. "I'll miss you too. Don't worry, I'll chat you every time and I'll be back soon you won't even notice I'm gone."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Bye, Jasey."

I entered the car and waved farewell to my little sister and grandparents.

Mum and Jaden will bring me to the airport. After a few moments, we're already there.

"Got all your luggage with you?" Mum asked.

"Yes, Mum."

"Your plane ticket?" she asked again.

"Here." I replied.

She suddenly pulled me into a hug. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too." I replied.

I turned to Jaden "Bro?"

"I can't believe you're going to Orlando without me." He said and pouted.

I laughed.

"Behave in there, okay?"

"Jaden, you're treating me like a kid!"

"That's because you're a kid!"

"I am not!"

"Haha I'm gonna miss you, little sis."

"Oh, please. I'm only going to be gone for 3 months!"

"3 months is quite long!"

"Fine, I'll miss you too." I replied and hugged him too.

"See you soon, stink brain!"

"See ya, doofus!"

"Bye, dear! Take care!"

"Bye, Mum! You too!"

A 9-hour flight is ahead of me and after that, I'll encounter new faces, new places, and a new life. What will happen to me? Will I survive?

"Welcome to Orlando, Florida where the local time is approximately 4:26 pm. We will be taxing for a few more minutes, so please remain in your seat with your seatbelt fastened until the captain has parked us at the gate and turned off the seatbelt sign. Use caution when retrieving your personal belongings from the overhead bins, as contents do shift during flight. On behalf of your crew, we thank you for flying with us today. We hope you have a great day in the Orlando area, or wherever your final destination may be." The flight attendant said.

I'm here, Orlando, Florida, USA. I searched for a familiar face but I failed. Wait a minute, how am I supposed to get home if I don't even know my dad? What if he himself doesn't know me?

Then my phone rang. I answered.

"Haley! How are you? Are you already there?"

"Jaden! I'm not yet here! I'm still in England. I got left by the plane!"

"Are you serious?!"

"I'm not serious. I'm Hale."

"Funny." He said with sarcasm and gave a fake laugh.

"I'm sorry."

Suddenly, someone interrupted. "Miss McDonough?"

I wonder who he is looking for. It's certainly not me.