Chapter 7: What's Before You Exit?

"Hale, wait!" a voice called. My conscience said to stop but I continued walking quickly carrying my skateboard.

"Please, Hale! I'm sorry." He said still running after me.

What is he sorry for? I can't see his face. It's too blurry because of the rain and the tears in my eyes. Wait, why am I crying?

"Hale!" He called out once again.

Haley, stop, for Pete's sake! Aren't you pitying that poor guy?

However, I didn't stop, instead I put down my skateboard and rode it. The poor guy still keeps on running. He's relentless. He's running as fast as he can.

Why is he doing that? What am I doing? Why am I running away?

I was crossing the street when the guy shouted my name again, this time, it's not just my nickname.

"Haley!"

...and the next thing I knew was that I woke up

It was only just a dream. I'm here just lying in my bed, in my room, completely safe. Wait...this isn't my room. Where the bloody heck am I?

Oh, yeah, I'm in my room, in the US, with my father and my brothers.

I looked at the clock and it was only 2:35 in the morning.

Ugh! Jetlag!

Since I don't think I can continue my sleep anymore, I decided to leave my room and wander a little. Actually, I'm planning to go to the kitchen to see if there's food that can help me feel drowsy. I'm really tired and I need more sleep.

To be honest, I'm usually scared to go out of my room at times like this, especially if it's not our house, but I don't know, maybe I'm just very exhausted that I don't care anymore.

As I'm near the kitchen, I heard noises coming from the place.

Oh my goodness! What if there's a monster? A ghost? What if there's a thief? What should I do? What should I do?!

When the "monster" moved, I caught a glimpse of a familiar blond hair.

I know. I'm a scaredy-cat. It's no monster. It's my brother, Connor!

"Connor." I whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

He searched where the voice came from. "Haley?"

"What are you doing here?" we asked at the same time.

He nodded at me signalling to go first.

"Jetlag." I replied. "You?"

"Can't sleep." He answered. "Fresh milk?" He offered handing it to me.

"Thanks." I replied drinking the milk.

I sat at the couch and watch some late night shows. Then I felt my eyes slowly closing.

The rays of the sun greeted me as I'm still convincing myself to get up. The clock in my phone says 9:00.

9:00?! It's late!! Yes, I'm not a morning person but I rarely wake up this late. That fresh milk really hit me hard.

I took a shower first before going downstairs. I found out my brothers aren't here. Only the maids are around. Are they still asleep too? I doubt that.

"Good morning, Ma'am." Margaret greeted. "Slept well?"

I laughed and nodded in return. I saw Connor in the backyard and I decided to approach him.