Chapter 20: Hoodie

"Haley! Aren't you still ready? You're going to be late if you don't hurry up." The voice that always wakes me up said.

"I'll be there in a moment, Con."

In case you're wondering, I'm still here in my room deciding what to wear. I got a lot of clothes from yesterday bought by myself and Vanessa.

I combed my hair still feeling bizarre with its new style. I grabbed my
bag and left my room.

"Sorry I took so long."

"It's okay..." He looked at me and was surprised when he saw my appearance. "Woah...Haley..."

"I know, I know. I look horrible." I said.

"That's not the word I'll use." He replied. "I'll admit it's weird seeing you dressed like that, but it looks good on you."

"Thanks."

"Eat your breakfast. I'll take you to school."

The moment I got off the car, all most all eyes were on me. I heard some talking about me.

"Who's that girl?"

"Is she a new student?"

Riley and his friends then came to my sight. One of them smiled at me and whispered something to the other boys.

Riley's Point of View

"Do you guys know who that girl is? She's pretty."

I looked at whom they're talking about. She seemed familiar, but I can't see her that much.

"I feel like I know her." I said.

"You do?" Collin asked. "Anyways, where's Haley? Is she coming to school?"

"Maybe? We left earlier so I don't know."

"You don't know or you don't care?"

I ignored him and continued walking.

"Hey, Ri!" Ugh! That annoying high-pitched voice again.

With her was Paige and Zoey. I can see Collin feeling awkward because of the presence of the latter.

"How's your weekend?"

Great, because I didn't see you.

"Still the same."

"Who's the girl with ombre hair?" Paige interrupted.

"Yeah, who is she?" I asked.

"Who cares?" Melissa snapped.

"Well, the captain of the football team is flirting with her."

"Again, who cares?" Melissa repeated.

"Hello? She's the talk of the school!"

I really feel like I know her. I gotta find her. How? I haven't even found my twin yet. I guess she's absent but I can feel her presence.

I went to my first class that was supposed to be with Haley. I sat down my usual seat and someone instantly caught my eye.

The new girl.

She was at Haley's seat.

What if...?

The lecture was over, and the new girl hasn't even participated.

She immediately left the room. I didn't even get the chance to talk to her.

"Hey!" I called out and ran after her.