Chapter 9: A Lot of Questions

Riley's Point of View

The sun greeted me as I'm fighting with gravity to get up. Well, I won.

I sat at my bed for a moment while thinking about what happened earlier. I remember having a bad dream, getting up, going to Connor's room, watching Fast and Furious, asking Connor for food, and falling asleep on his floor. Then why the heck am I here?

I went downstairs and saw Connor in the dining room drinking coffee. He's such an early riser.

"Good morning." He greeted.

"Morning." I greeted back. "Connor, how many hours did you sleep?" I asked.

"Two hours and a half?" he answered.

"Good morning!" Toby then interrupted. "Why do you guys look tired? And where's Haley?"

"You got a lot of questions Toby." I complained.

"Dude, that's only two."

"Lack of sleep and still sleeping." Connor answered briefly. "How's your conversation last night?"

I froze remembering that Toby talked to her about what I did.

"She's okay. She's not really that mad." he replied getting a loaf of bread. "Oh, by the way, Connor, we have a meeting at school." He continued.

"Me too. I got plans with Colin." I added.

"Thomas is coming over." Connor informed.

"Who'll be left with Hale then?" asked Toby.

"She's not a baby. She'll be okay." I replied.

Connor chuckled "Yes, but she's new here. We can't leave her alone."

"Well then, you'll do it. I'll go now." I said looking at the watch. "Toby, are you going to ride with me?"

"Yeah, just let me finish eating."

"Let's just go to Starbucks." I opposed.

"Okay. Later, Connor." Toby said and grabbed his things.

I gave him a quick wave and left.

Toby and I stopped in a Starbucks and had a proper breakfast. Our driver dropped him in our school and me in our meeting place.

"Riley! 'Sup, man?"

"Hey, Colin!"

Colin Parker is my best friend. I met him at school. His brother, Gavin, is Toby's best friend, while, his cousin, our band's drummer, Thomas, is Connor's best friend. Pretty cool, huh?

"I heard your sister arrived yesterday." He said.

"Well, you're not deaf."

He laughed. "What does she look like? Is she pretty? How old is she?"

"Just a reminder, off-limits!"

"I know. I'm just asking!"

"She looks like us obviously so that makes her pretty." I can't say she's not! If I tell him she's ugly, that makes me ugly too, right? And I'm definitely good looking.

"Cocky." Colin commented.

"And she's eighteen." I continued.

"Eighteen? Like us? So your twins?!" He asked shocked.

I just nodded to answer his questions.

"A girl Riley would be amazing!" Eh, not really.

"I wonder what dating her would be like. Would it be the same with hanging out with you?"