Chapter 12: To Kill List

"Haley!" I heard someone call together with knocks on my door.

"Haley, wake up." He said still knocking.

I'm telling my body to get up but it won't let me.

"Hale, it's the first day of school!"

Crap! I forgot about that!

Am I gonna be late? Am I late? First day of school and I'm tardy? Please, no.

I opened the door not minding that I haven't brushed my hair and saw my eldest brother.

"Connor! Am I late?"

"No. You still have a couple of hours to prepare. I just thought you might want to come to school early so you can have a tour."

"Yeah, I will need that. Thanks, Con."

"No problem. I'll see you downstairs."

Thank goodness. I'm not going to be late.

I took a shower as fast as I can and dug in my closet. And I got...new clothes?

Dad and Toby must've bought them yesterday. I truly appreciate it if a guy buys me garments. I'm guessing Toby was the one who chose because most of them are black tees and some are for boys. I'm not complaining though. That was my style...before.

I love wearing black but I'm pretty sure Riley will wear the same colour.

I went with a baggy pants and polo shirt. I put on my glasses and pick out a random pair of shoes. Yeah. I look like a nerd. I combed my hair, arranged the things I'll bring, and proceeded to the dining room to grab some grub.

"Good morning, daughter." Dad greeted. "I see you already wore one of the clothes we bought. Did you like it?"

"Yes, Dad. Thanks a lot!"

I saw Riley approaching, wearing all black. Told ya. He's followed by Connor who's wearing a blue top and denim pants. I'm the girl and I'm the least fashionable. Great.

Dad said Toby left early. Student council problems. Connor's taking his car. Now, I'm stuck with Riley. I hope he's still nice.

"Bye, Dad!"

"Bye, kids! Good luck on your first day."

The ride to school was quiet but there's soft music coming out of the radio. Riley hasn't talked to me yet and I haven't either.

That's how I react. Ignore me, I'll ignore you. Be nice to me, I'll be nicer. Hate me, I'll despise you.

We already arrived at school but he hasn't still talked to me, but he did promise that he was going to tour me.

But promises are meant to be broken.

"Here." He said handing me a piece of paper.

"What's this?"

"It's a map. You know your section, right? Just locate it there or ask people." Maps can help but this one is really complicated.

"You're supposed to tour me."

"Already did that yesterday."

"How am I supposed to find my room with this bloody thing?!?!"

But the one I was speaking to was gone. He already joined a group of boys, leaving me alone clueless.

"Riley Thomas Galbraith McDonough, I swear once I see you, I'm going to kill you." But that's boring. I won't see him suffer that long. So...I'll torture him first then kill him slowly with a dull knife. Yes! That's what I should do.