Chapter 30: Exit

Today is the 31st of August. The one year of the deal is finally done.

"Hey, Ri. Happy Birthday to us."

I'm in our secret place wearing the beanie he gave after dealing with his ex-girlfriend and his favourite hoodie I got when my new shirt was stained. I'm holding a guitar and my phone.

I remember everything and the others was explained to me. The incident happened before. I ran away from Riley and as I was crossing the street a car quickly approached, but before, I was the one who got ran over. Fortunately, the car managed to slow down a bit and I was immediately brought to the hospital. It caused me amnesia while severe headaches to my twin like how I'm feeling now. He also felt like it was his fault. Our parents decided to get us separated until the both of us recover. They thought Riley also has an amnesia, but he didn't. He remembers everything but he tries to avoid it. As the years passed by, I started reminiscing some memories, so they made up stuff for me to believe, like my other "elder brother". They planned to let me find out myself or tell me in the right time.

When I came back to Orlando, Riley, having the fear of hurting me again, just decided to ignore me. It was his way of protecting me. He always waited for the time he'll be reunited with his twin.

"Remember when we got our first guitars on our birthday? We were so happy, but Connor was much happier since we don't need to borrow his anymore and he doesn't have to worry if we break it." I chuckled.

After our birthday party that day, we immediately went here and played some songs.

"Because it's our birthday today, I'm going to sing a song." I started strumming the chords. "The first song we performed here even though we don't know the lyrics."

I sang.

"White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

And they say

She's in the Class A Team

Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since eighteen

But lately her face seems

Slowly sinking, wasting

Crumbling like pastries

And they scream

The worst things in life come free to us

'Cause we're just under the upper hand

And go mad for a couple grams

And she don't want to go outside tonight

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

Or sells love to another man

It's too cold outside

For angels to fly

Angels to fly

Ripped gloves, raincoat