Chapter 23: Surprise

Connor's Point of View

Getting woken up by an air horn and silly strings is something my siblings would do when it's your birthday.

"Happy birthday, Connor!" They greeted in unison.

I got up and saw balloons everywhere and my three siblings wearing party hats. Toby got the air horn, Riley has the silly strings, while Haley's holding a plate of a 6-layer pancake with a candle on top and the syrup saying "HBD Connor!"

"Aw. Thanks, guys." I blew the candle and we went to the dining room to eat.

Breakfast was already ready and I have a Starbucks drink waiting for me.

"Why is one of the pancake burnt?" I asked noticing the one in the bottom.

"Hey! I worked hard for that!" Toby replied.

"You made this?"

"We all did." Riley answered.

"I see. That explains the taste."

"You better enjoy that because we are never going to make you pancakes or any food ever!" Toby shouted.

"I'm just kidding! I would say it's really good but someone burnt a piece."

"I was distracted!"

"At least he didn't burn all." Riley said and earned a death glare from Toby.

After that, we went back to our rooms since we got a lot to do. We had lunch together at Chipotle though.

Yells. That's what I heard a few hours after we got home.

"I don't bloody care about you!" Haley yelled.

"Then why don't you just leave me alone?! You keep messing everything up!" Now, it was Riley.

"Leave you alone? You're the one who's being a massive pain in the arse!"

"What's going on?" I interrupted.

"Ask that dummy." Riley said and was about to left the house.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I asked.

"Wherever!" he shouted and slammed the door.

"Bastard." Haley yelled and went upstairs at the same time Toby was going down.

"What's the commotion about?" he asked.

"What do you think?"

"Will they ever stop arguing?"

"Maybe." I answered. "Why are you all dressed?" I asked.

"Oh, uhm...I'm sorry, Con, but I won't be able to be here to celebrate your birthday tonight." He answered.

"It's fine, but why?"

"One of my friends have a party today and I am invited. Everyone's coming and they really want me to come..."

That upset me a bit. Actually, not just a bit. How can my own brother pick other's party rather than mine?

"Just go. You can't miss someone's birthday celebration, especially if it's your friend's."

"Thanks for understanding, bro." I guess he didn't catch my sarcasm. "I'll see you later. Happy birthday again."

What a nice elder brother I am.

Now, to fix the argument between the twins.

I knocked on Haley's door but she ignored me.

"Haley."