Chapter 29: You

It was real.

*flashback*

"I hate you, Riley!" I shouted as I ran carrying my skateboard.

"Where are you going?!" my twin asked and ran after me.

I ignored him.

"Hale, wait!" he called out. "Please, Hale! I'm sorry."

I didn't look back as my tears flow.

"Hale!" He called out once again.

I rode my skateboard and was about to cross the street.

"Haley!" Riley shouted.

I saw bright light and heard a loud honk.

A car was quickly approaching.

I knew I had to get out, run, save myself, but I can't. I froze. My body can't do what I'm commanding it.

And that's when everything went black.

*end of flashback*

It was real. It happened before, not just in my dreams, but in reality.

What they said was never true. I don't have another elder brother, and he didn't die. It was Riley all along. I was the one who forgot, but all the memories came rushing back to me. As this moment repeated...

Again, I heard my brother and a car. I saw the same bright light. I froze again.

Is this the end?

My life flashed before my eyes.

"No!"

I won't let it happen again. I heard my twin's voice. I know he didn't say it aloud, but I heard it in my head.

I fell to the ground and hit my head in a pole. What happened?

I heard a loud thud. I looked back to the road and saw my brother fell. I ran towards him quickly unminding the pain I feel.

"Riley!" I shouted. "Help! Help us, please!"

The driver of the car quickly got out to help us. He called an ambulance. He panicked as he paced back and forth.

"Are you o...okay?" Riley asked.

"You don't need to worry about me. You need to stay strong." I told my twin. My tears were flowing like a river.

"I'm...sorry." He struggled to say.

"It's not your fault! Save your energy don't talk!" I shouted. "You'll live alright? To whom can I use my telepathic powers with when you're gone?"

"I...di...ot..." he smiled. "I dodged the football and it hit you, now I'm taking the hit."

"You're the idiot! You know it will still hurt me! Not only physically." The ambulance came and took care of him. He was took inside and I accompanied him.

"You're gonna be okay, Ri!"

The medics are doing their best to stop blood escaping my twin's head.

"I love you, Ha...ley. You're the b...est....tw...in...ev...." he didn't finished what he said as he softly and closed his eyes.

"No! Riley! Please! Wake up!" I screamed. "Save him! Please, save my brother!"

My head hurt and it's like the world is spinning. I lost grip of my brother's cold hand.

He's gone.

This can't be real. I'm dreaming. Once I wake up, my twin will be there, calling me an idiot. This is not happening. Riley's still with me.

We arrived to the hospital and he was rushed to the emergency room. I was left crying outside. Mum, Dad, and my siblings were already notified. Connor saw me and ran. I hugged him and cried harder. He didn't speak a word and just comforted me. He was followed by Toby and Mum. Jaden was left to take care of Jasey.

"I'm sorry, Mum." I told her.

She gave me a hug. "It's not your fault, dear." She said and I can feel her crying too.

A doctor came out and approached us. He shook his head and we all knew what it meant.

Connor froze. He tried to stay strong, but tears started forming in his eyes. Toby tried to hide his tears but he failed.

I entered the room and hugged my twin's lifeless body. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Why did you leave me? I need you, Riley." I told him. "I thought you don't want me to get hurt? It hurts too! It hurts so much!"

I continued crying and I didn't know what happened next. I just found myself sleeping.

--------

"Haley, wake up!" I heard my twin said. "Come on! Get up. We are going to a park."

"What?" Was everything that happened just a dream?

"Get up!" he commanded.

We went to the same park where we first hang out.

"Do you want ice cream?" He asked.

"Sure." I answered.

He bought two ice creams and as he came back a soccer ball flew towards our direction.

"Bye, twin sis!" my brother said and waved, "Love you!"

Wait, why would he say that?

"Wait, Riley!"

The ball hit me again.

"Riley."

Then I woke up. It was just a dream. Everything that happened last night, that's the reality. Now, the only way I could talk to my twin is through my dreams.

Because he's gone.

And no matter what I do...

I can't bring him back.

I love you, idiot. I love you, Riley, my twin brother. Goodbye.

The End

Author's Note:

Did I make you cry? I'm sorry if this chapter is short and don't worry, this is not really the end. I'll post an epilouge and that would be it.

That's all for now. Hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry if I ruined your mood, but have a good day!

-L