Can't let You Go

The sun starts to creep and you weren't ready to go back to L'manberg yet which was the first. As you slowly started to come to, you woke up to a sleepy Dream. He was completely knocked out and you couldn't help but smile then you immediately hated yourself for doing that. Dream had a loose arm around you. Normally you would have tried to get out of his grasp but you were to scared to get up for the day ahead of you that you laid there staring him peacefully. You closed your eyes again and started to drift back into a quick sleep but you were woken by Dream moving around. "You awake" Dream said in his morning voice. "Ten more minutes" you replied in your morning voice. Dream chuckled. "That's the first, usually your always wanting to get out of bed as soon as you wake up" you groaned tiredly. "Don't get used to it" Dream pulled you into him. "Your lucky I'm tired and don't feel like fighting you" you lazily put your hand on Dream's mask you didn't mean to you were trying to push him away but you didn't open your eyes so you didn't see where your hand landed but you could feel his mask. "How do you sleep with this?" Dream put his head on your shoulder. "I dunno" you started waking up more and as you did you tried to push Dream off you but he just held onto tighter. "Get up" you grabbed a Pillow and hit him with it jolting him awake in an unpleasant way but he laughed it off. Dream still didn't make any move to get up. "Clay get up!" Dream opened his eyes a little bit. "What'd I say about using my real name" Dream paused and waited for an answer. "You said it was fine if I called you that" you said. "Yes but it costs you, remember?" You flicked his mask. "Don't even think about it" Dream chuckled. "I'll get you for it later" you started to think of different ways to tell everybody back home that they would be safe but would never see you again. As you were lost in thought your hands went directly for Dream's hair and started messing with it idle. You weren't quite awake and you were going through different scenarios in your head so you didn't realize what you were doing. Dream leaned into your touch and that's when you snapped back to reality and immediately pulled your hands back.

"What'd you stop for?" Dream asked muffled as he buried himself in your shoulder. You pushed him off you and sat up. "We need to go, this is going to be difficult for me so I want to get it over with" you say looking down as you tense and dig your hands into the bed sheets. Dream sits up and puts an arm around you. He doesn't say anything you can tell he feels a bit of guilt but you know he won't let you return home. Dream gets out of bed and you follow. "When we get there you can hug and tell everyone goodbye but don't get to close to Wilbur I'll be watching him closely so don't even try anything" you nod in a silent cry you wished you didn't have to do this but if it kept everyone safe you would.

Your gut was twisted into knots you wanted to cry or scream but you didn't, for the whole ride over to L'manberg you didn't say a thing you kept quiet and Dream never said a anything to you he was letting you process and think about everything you were going to say to everyone. Dream stood at the highest peak in L'manberg and used a megaphone to get everyone's attention. "People of L'manberg, come to the community house Y/n has some important news for you" and with that you were off again as you went to the community house. When you got there some people were already there. "Y/n!!" Niki said as she rushed over to you and pulled you away from Dream. "Are you okay are you hurt?" Niki cupped your face and you shook your head. "I'm alright Niki, really" you tried to say in a calm voice but Niki could tell you were terrified. Fundy and Tubbo were there too and you made your way over to them and gave them hugs and started to cry as you held them. When more people started to show up Dream held you close keeping your hand in his. Niki frowned when she saw it she knew you didn't actually want to hold his hand. Finally Wilbur and Tommy showed up you tried to run to them but Dream tugged you back. "Y/n" Wilbur's voice whispered. Tommy had his sword in hand and pointed it up to him. "Release her Dream" Dream chuckled at Tommy. "That's not happening, me and Y/n have made an arrangement she came here to say goodbye" Dream paused to watch everyone's faces. "I told Y/n here that if she stayed with me I would leave your crumby little nation alone and she agreed" you hung your head as tears swelled in your eyes. Tommy grew a shocked expression.
"Y/n please tell me he's lying" you felt more tears stream down your face. "I'm sorry Tommy I-" Tommy cut you off. "You're just a traitor!" Tommy yelled fuming but Wilbur put his arm in front of him and pushed Tommy behind him as Tommy fumed more in rage. "Y/n, please don't do this, we can find a way to get you back" Wilbur said in a soft voice, he took a step towards you and Dream pulled you back.