Hurts to Remember

When you woke up you were in a house that seemed familiar and comfortable you liked it here. It was a small cabin it felt like a good memory. Something warm and fuzzy then the scene changed to land being blown up. You could hear the bombing going off and people screaming you looked up and saw Wilbur being stabbed by a man with great black wings and a sword that pierced straight through your ex lover. "WILBUR!" You screamed as you watched his body collapse on the floor.

"Y/n?!" You woke up to Dream shaking you awake. You were in a bed and no longer on the couch, Dream must have moved you while you were sleeping. "Are you okay?" You latched onto Dream and held him tight. You nuzzled your head into his neck as he patted you on the back. "Nightmare?" You nodded. "You wanna talk about it?" "No" You didn't want to remember that. It was a memory and it was a bad one, one you wished to forget. "Clay, what if my memories came back and I don't like them" You said as Dream hesitated before responding. "Let's just hope that doesn't happen" Those weren't exactly comforting words you thought Dream would protest or at least say something else you didn't think he'd agree with you. "Just...can you hold me for a bit" Dream chuckled as his grip tightened and then loosened again.
"Of course"  You and Dream laid back down and you cuddled up next to him. Dream played with your hair as you closed your eyes again.

"Whose George?" You asked as Dream dropped his hand. "You remember George?" Dream asked a bit shocked. "I remember the name" Dream scratched the side of his cheek nervously. "George was a good friend of mine although after I went to prison we kinda fell off" Your eyes widened. "You went to prison?!" Dream forgot you lost your memories for a second. "Would you believe me if I said no?" You picked yourself off Dream using your elbow to prop youself up. "What did you do??" Dream turned his head from you. "It's really Tommy's fault! I-" Dream sighed as he turned back to you. "Can we talk about that later maybe, it's bit hard to explain right now" You didn't want to talk about it later but you didn't want to be pushy either so you let it slide. You laid your head back on Dream's chest and played with the strings on his jacket.

"Clay" Dream hummed in response to his name. "What's this?" You picked your hand up and showed him a ring that layed on your finger. Dream took it off your hand and observed it. "Wilbur gave you this, before he went mad crazy you two were planning on getting married" You tried to remember Wilbur giving it to you but your mind ran blank. "It hurts...not being able to remember, it really hurts" You sighed deeply as you tried to remember anything about who you were or your past but nothing came up. Dream put the ring down on his nightstand then turned around and grabbed you holding you close. "I know Y/n, and I'm sorry for that but things will get better I promise" You cupped Dream's face moving his hair behind his head. "I don't know what'd I'd do without you" You said quietly. "I love you n/n" You hesitated then you couldn't say it back so you just cuddled Dream more. "You didn't say it back" Dream stated. "I'm trying to..." You hid your face in his chest. "Say it" You laughed and shook your head. "Just tell me you love me" Dream said in a soft begging voice. "Okay..I-" You dug deeper into his chest as a light blush covered your face. Dream chuckled and pulled you away from him. "Aw come on" You said annoyed that he did that.

"You can have your cuddles just tell me what I want to hear" You groaned and turned your head. "Can we go get breakfast I'm a bit hungry" You said trying to avoid the situation. "Of course" Dream said as you started to get up but he quickly pulled you back down. "After you say it" You crossed your arms in annoyance. You mumbled the words under your breath as you looked away from him. "You're gonna have to speak a little bit louder" You turned your head to him. "I love you clay" Dream smiled and pulled you back into him as he made a light laugh. "Thank you" You put your hand in his face and pushed him off you. "Come on, let's go get breakfast" You both got up and headed to the kitchen. You started making omelets and Dream just watched as he put his arms around you. You set the plates down on the table and you both dug in. "So what did you want to do today?" You asked.

Dream's eyes went up and down you. "I could think of something" He said with a smirk. "Clay!" Your face turned red as he laughed. "I'm kidding!" You sunk into your chair as you hid your face with your hands. Dream continued to laugh while picking up the now empty plates and putting them in the sink. You stood up from your chair and Dream kept a close eye on you. "Maybe we could go outside an explore, see what we can find" You shrugged as Dream thought about your suggestion. "Or we could stay inside and do nothing" You laughed. "Come on, I wanna go out please" You gave Dream puppy eyes and he groaned im frustration. "Fine, we can go outside" You ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank you" He put his hands around your waist. "You knew I couldn't say no to that face" You giggled as he leaned down and kissed you. Dream had a content look on his face when he pulled away but he never took his hands off you. "So...can we head out now?" Dream nodded his head and let go of you. "Let me grab my mask and we'll head out" You wait patiently you were excited to go outside, maybe you spent to much time inside it made you feel trapped in here so it would be nice to get some fresh air. Dream came back out with his signature smiley mask back on and an axe in one hand hanging over his shoulder.
"You ready?"

___________________________________________________

Uh so idk what to put here besides n/n stands for nick name so ye. Thanks for reading :)