Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning still wrapped in Nathan's arms. His hand protectively on my stomach.

The constant vibration from my phone telling me I didn't turn off my notifications. Picking my phone up to shut them off a notification from twitter had me pausing. There were 10,000 retweets about me. Opening the app a photo of Nathan and I on the balcony met my eyes. It was the night of the goodbye party.

               *****Beginning of Flashback******

I had been drinking and needed fresh air. Everyone was inside having a good time, cutting loose after months of working hard.

Nathan followed me out onto the balcony. "It's a beautiful night isn't it?" He asked, moving beside me.

"It is. I'm going to miss LA." I said Turning to Nathan.

"It's a beautiful city. Where are you going next?" He asked, knowing I would be leaving after tomorrow's shoot.

"New York. I'm shooting another movie." I said facing the city lights.

"I'm going to miss you." Nathan said, catching me off guard. We've been close this entire shoot and I would miss him too.

"I'm going to miss you too." I said honestly.

"Tomorrows the big shoot, are you ready for it?"
"Haha no, you're going to see me naked." I said laughing at the nude scenes we'll have to shoot.

"If it helps you'll see me naked. We can even do a trial run. You show me yours and I'll show you mine." He joked

"What are we five." I laughed at his stupid statement. My laughing died down and I noticed Nathan just staring at me.

"Do I have something on my face, because last time you didn't tell me..." My words trailing off as Nathan moved in close cupping my cheek in his palm. Our eyes connected and that's the first time I saw it. That hunger to devour me. The hunger that unleashed my own. The hunger that leads to us erasing lines and crossing all boundaries.

"You are truly beautiful when you laugh." He said messaging my cheek.

"Nathan we.."

"I know I won't do anything. Just let me look at you. After tomorrow you'll be gone. I won't see you for months. I just want to look at you." He pleaded. I could see he was serious. That this wasn't one of our usual pranks.

I stood still while Nathan held my cheek and took in all of my features. I did the same trying to commit this moment to memory. I have a crush on Nathan but I knew that this was all I could have with him.
We stood on that balcony in silence for a while until the sound of someone hitting the glass door broke our moment. I pulled away and faced the city.

"I know we can't have more. But thank you for that." Nathan said before going back inside. I knew it was risky becoming close with someone you had a crush on but Nathan was hard not to like. His wife was a lucky woman.

                             ******End *******

My flashback ended when Nathan moved beside me. Turning I saw an awakened Nathan staring at my phone. The photo of us on the balcony, his hand cupping my cheek the way our eyes are locked so intensely, all matched with the caption of  "Baby Daddy?"

"We need a plan and we need one fast." Brooke said, pacing across the living room. After Nathan and I saw the photo it didn't take much time before Brooke was banging on my door.

Nathan and I sat on the couch and watched Brooke freak out.

"It's just a photo. Brooke, we were not even kissing." I said, trying to calm her nerves. I flicked on the tv and started channel surfing.