Final Chapter

6 months later

I laid in bed with a sleeping Nathan beside me. The sound of small cried coming through on the baby monitor. Slowly rolling out of bed I walked next door to a whining Sage. Our beautiful boy was born 1 month ago and I was in love. He had his fathers blue eyes and my curly brown hair. He was a perfect blend of his father and I.

"Are you hungry baby?" I asked sages in a baby voice. Moving towards the rocking chair I grabbed a pillow and prepared to Breastfeed my son. Lowering the strap of my nightgown I release my breast. Placing my nipple into his mouth he began eating. He had a good appetite.

I'm was done with sages feeding when Nathan came into the nursery. He took sage from my tired arms and changed his wet diaper. We moved in sync our new routine down pack.

Nathan sat in the chair, rocking sage back to sleep while I straightened up. Once sage was sleeping Nathan placed him back into his crib. We slowly tip toed out of the room, careful to not wake him.

Back in our bed Nathan pulls me close, snuggling into me. I rubbed my hands through his hair and enjoyed the feeling of him here with me. It's been months since that final interview. After Nathan and I shared our side of the story we officially went on a hiatus. Taking the time needed to focus on becoming parents. Nathan's divorce was official two weeks before sage was born. He was happy to have his past with Isla behind him.

The world finally moved on after two months. A new scandal rocked the world and Nathan and I were let off the hook. We appreciated the quietness not missing the constant  swarm of paparazzi and critics.

Brooke finally took a break and traveled Europe for a few months only coming home to watch me give birth to her nephew. She was leaving again next month. This time for Asia. I was happy for her new found freedom. I needed my sister but I wanted her to have her own happiness more.

Nathan and I were still in love. Our love has only grown since becoming parents. He was still my knight protecting me from the storms of life. Our path wasn't easy but it was worth it.

"I love you." Nathan said into my hair, taking a long smell.

"I love you." I turn to kiss his lips the taste of pineapples still there. The taste that drove me crazy and into his arms.

The End.

Authors Note:

Hey everyone, I want to say thank you for the genuinely amazing feedback. This story came to me in a dream, I had one night and I knew I had to get it down onto paper.

Just to clear up a few things this is what I want everyone to know.

Isla does not get a happy ending in this story
- but because of everyone's reaction to her I think she does deserve a story of her own which I am currently working on

Shantell and Nathan do end up having a happy ending

Moral of my story is that sometimes selfish people are happier. I don't recommend infidelity but I do recommend putting yourself first.

Please stay tuned for more up coming work.

I am looking for publishing opportunities. I have a story I really want to share with the world. If you have any advice, please leave a comment or message me.

 If you have any advice, please leave a comment or message me

Happy new year Everyone