Chapter 13

Nathan rushed towards me the moment I stepped off the elevator. His hand lightly touched my bruised cheek. We went inside of the apartment and Nathan grabbed a bag of frozen vegetables from the freezer. I turned on TMZ to view the amount of damage we created.

"What did I tell you Chris? Nathan is the father. If anyone else had doubts check out this video mailed to us from a source." The video of Brooke and I at lunch eating then Isla entering the restaurant. The sound of her hand netting my cheek is audible. The video of me confessing that I deserved that.
The feel of cold corn on my cheek let's me know Nathan is back although I can't draw my eyes away from the screen.

I watch as Isla get held back by security while I leave the restaurant pushed by Brooke.

The video ends once I leave. The restaurant. The camera comes back into the studio where TMZ Is recording.

"Damn," Chris said

"Listen Shantell if your watching, we tried to warn you that Isla was crazy but from the looks of it you're crazy too. I want front row seats to that fight once the baby is born." Johnathan said laughing at his own stupid thoughts.

"I owe you $200 bucks. I guess she likes her men,  married. My bad Jason, looks like you dodged a bullet." Chris goaded

"Nathan likes his women wild. He has a type. Congrats to them on the pregnancy. Hollywood mystery solved." Johnathan continued.

"Turn this crap off." Nathan said.

I hit the power button on the remote and lay back on the couch.

"Let me do some research and we can find away to clear this up." Brooke said

"Don't, let them talk. It's not like they're wrong." I said I was exhausted. My life went up in flames in a matter of a week.

"I'll tell them the truth. I spoke with my publicist and she thinks that us doing an interview will help. We go and answer peoples questions, no more speculation and they will move on." Nathan said in agreement with Brooke.

"I don't want to talk about it." I disagreed. I don't want to get on national television and tell the world I'm pregnant by a married man. We're worse than Brad and Angelina.

"You don't have a choice. Time to grow a pair and stand in your truth." Brooke said no longer being gentle with my feelings.

"I'll be there with you the entire time. We tell the truth minus a few details. That stays between you and me." I nodded in agreement. They were both right. The truth has finally caught up to me.

"Ok Brooke make the arrangements. I'm going to nap." I stood from the couch and walked into my bedroom. Nathan stayed behind and helped Brooke make the plans getting her in contact with his management people.

I laid in bed letting the silence sink in. My eyes fluttered shut. I woke up at dinner time to the smell of burgers. I walked into the living room and saw Nathan unpacking smashburger. I walked over happy to see it.

We would have smashburger on out late nights of hanging out. We would stay up late running scenes for the movie and practicing so that we would miss dinner. Nathan would have smashburger delivered and the night would be perfect.

"That smells so good." I walked over to Nathan kissing his lips.

"I wanted to make you feel better."

"You did thank you." We sat at the table eating our food.

"I wanted to talk to you about something important." Nathan said, wiping his hands on a napkin.
Putting my burger down I looked at a serious