Chapter 14

The paparazzi were swarming the penthouse when we returned. All for the chance to catch me out. To throw questions at me to see if I would answer.

"When will they leave us alone?" I mumbled to myself.

"Unfortunately never." Nathan replied.

Getting out of the car we made our way upstairs and into the penthouse. Brooke was in the midst of a phone call when we walked in.

"Ok thank you." Brooke ended her call before turning to look at Nathan and I.

"I got you two a spot on the red table talk. It's the perfect place to sit down and open up about what you two have done. Please for the love of god try and look remorseful."

"Isn't that in LA?" I asked dropping my bag on the stand.

"Yes, which is perfect. It lets us get out of New York earlier than expected. I don't want you here with crazy Isla lurking in the shadows."

"I agree, let's pack your things and we can be on a flight out of here tomorrow." Nathan said excited to leave.

"We don't have a house yet. Where are we going to live?"

"You let me worry about that." Nathan said, taking charge.

"Ok let's pack." I walked into my bedroom and began packing my life into suitcases. I was used to it, especially as an actress. I never purchased a home because Brooke and I were always on the road. Now with a baby on the way we would have to settle down.

Nathan paced around the room making phone calls to his realtor and accountant. He looked satisfied once he got off the phone.

"I found the perfect place for us. You'll love it."

"You already bought it?" I was shocked that he got it handled so quickly.

"Yes baby, money talks. Plus the property was a brand new build. So we're free to move right in." Nathan explained pulling me into his side. We laid on the bed cuddling.

"Thank you for handling it. For sticking beside me."

"I'll do whatever it takes to care for you and our son."

Our flight back to LA was quick. News broke that we left New York so the paparazzi were waiting to catch Nathan and I together leaving the airport.

Nathan held my hand as Big Mike pushed his way through the crowd to keep the paparazzi at bay. We finally made it into the suv and the driver quickly pulled away.

The drive to our new home lasted an hour. The entire time Nathan rubbed soothing circles onto my stomach. He really loved the way it felt. Knowing I was carrying his child. His touch did things to me.

"Brooke, when is the interview?" I asked to distract myself from Nathan's touch.

"I scheduled it for tomorrow at noon. So you both need to get some rest tonight."

"Brooke, you know that I'm the same age as you." Nathan laughed out. Brooke was the mature one she was used to being in charge.

"Yes Nathan I'm aware. I'm just used to being the responsible one." Brooke breathed out.

"Have you ever thought about letting loose Brooke?" Nathan asked.

"No." Brooke's flat response caused me to laugh. She was serious. That's just her personality. She enjoyed the control and the organization.

"Well I'm taking a breaking soon so maybe how's the time to be wild Brooke. You don't have to worry about me. I have Nathan." I said wanting more than ever for Brooke to be able to enjoy her life. We got so caught up in my career and trying to make it big that we didn't have a chance to find love. But now that I have it I want the same for Brooke.

"Well see." She said replying to another email.
The driver pulled up to a gated community. Pulling inside he drove another 5 minutes before he pulled into a long winding driveway. The White House came into view.

The lawn was well maintained and manicured. Exiting the car we walked up the steps and onto the wrap around porch. I could see myself playing with our son out here. Nathan took the keys out of the mailbox before opening the front door. Brooke and I walked in taking in the fully furnished houses. The house has a beautiful gray and white theme with accents of blue. I was impressed by what I saw.

"So Brooke I couldn't get you a guest house but this place has a guest wing with its own entrance. It has a kitchen and living room as well." Brooke looked happy about having her own area. Nathan pointed in the direction where she would stay and Brooke left to explore.

"Now I want to show you something." Nathan said, taking my hand. We walked up the steps and stopped at the first door on the right. Inside was a room painted with sky blue walls.

"Our nursery." I sob, stepping inside and taking a look around the bare room. Every other room was decorated but this one.

"I thought we should do this one together, to make it special for him."

"Thank you." I said going into his arms my eyes watering with happy tears. We would be startin over here. This is where we would bring our baby home to.

"Don't thank me. I love you. I'll do anything for you."

"I love you."

"I haven't shown you the best part yet." Nathan grabbed my hand and led me out of the room and into the room next door. It was the master bedroom. Fully furnished. Nathan backed me onto the nicely made bed covering my body with his own.

"Welcome home baby." Nathan whispered

Authors note: Short Chapter but the story is coming to an end soon. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting my story.

 Thank you to everyone who has been supporting my story