8 - See? She'll be fine...

🎶Here Comes Your Man ~ Pixies🎶

Eddie promised to take up every shift Chrissy had. Now that she's in the hospital... It was so hard to focus. He had become something he wasn't. A second voice in his head. It was starting to hurt less and less. He didn't pass out again after he did in the bathroom.

Robin and Steve slowly walked into the store, looking at how miserable Eddie seemed. He looked so exhausted.

"Hey Eddie, we heard about Chrissy..." Robin said, pausing. "How is she?"

Without looking up Eddie replied. "The hospital said she'll be released soon."
I DIDN'T HURT HER THAT BAD

"What about you? You passed out in my arms that night." Steve questioned.

LIE, EDDIE
Eddie looked up awkwardly, looking for a believable excuse. "I- uh, got pretty wasted." He attempted to say casually.
THEY CAN'T KNOW. I CAN'T GO. BACK.
"It was my night on trash duty, but I asked her to do it." Eddie looked back down and sighed.
GOOD

"Let us know if something changes with Chrissy." Robin smiled softly at him.

Steve placed his hand on the counter. Right on top of Eddie's hands. Eddie's eye widened. "Or if you need anything." Steve added to what Robin said."

Eddie started blushing profusely. Doing no justice trying to hide it.

Steve is oblivious too

"Lord knows I owe you one." Steve thinks back to the night Eddie found him in that ally. He saved his life.

Steve smiles at Eddie, and starts to walk away. Robin follows.

As soon as they leave, Robin teases Steve like a giddy school girl. "Oh, we are SO talking about that later." She playfully nudges him with her elbow.

"What?" Steve asks. "I didn't do anything wrong... Did I?"

"No, no. You did something else." She smirks, leaving Steve to think about what he could've done.

~~~

Back in the store, Eddie looks at his hands.
I LIKE HIM
'You're not allowed.' Eddie replies.
YOU'RE BLUSHING AND YOUR HEART IS RACING. YOU LIKE HIM TOO.
'No. I won't- can't let anything happen to him.'
I WON'T HURT HIM
'But what if we do on accident...'

This was too hard for Eddie. He couldn't even think straight half of the time. Let alone think without a second opinion on every little detail he encountered. A second body to control him. He was eating innocent... And not so innocent people. Hurting himself and others. Guilt racked through his body.

'Why me?'
YOU ARE HELPING ME EDDIE.
'What if I told them about you?'

It was an empty threat. He couldn't.