14 - Somehow their identities still remain intact...

🎶Dancing With Myself ~ Billy Idol🎶
When there's no one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well, I wait so long
For my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

Steve had been looking everywhere. Eddie's apartment, asked Gareth, asked Dustin, and looked around the ENTIRE store where Eddie worked.

Steve may be becoming a little obsessed with Eddie.

"Is Eddie here? He's been avoiding me." Steve asked Chrissy and robin who were talking to each other in the store.

Chrissy shoed him away with her hand, continuing to look at what she was showing Robin. "No."

Steve looked at Robin who wasn't responding either. Probably because she was staring at Chrissy with a face completely blushed, and soft eyes. He sighed and decided he should probably be on patrol anyway.

~~~

Meanwhile, Eddie was sitting on the edge of the huge bridge. One of the many things that Hawkins was known for. He held back tears and stared at his shaky hands.
     YOU SHOULD BE USED TO THIS
'-Could've hurt someone!' more realization was seeping into his brain.

That's just when Steve saw him. 'Eddie you better not be trying to pull something.' He turned on his new voice changer so Eddie couldn't recognize him. One of the many things Dustin has helped him design.

Spider-Man holds himself upside down to appear right next to Eddie. "You're not gonna jump, are you?" He asks concerned.

"JESUS H. CHRIST!!" Eddie almost falls off in surprise.

"Sorry."

"Don't worry, I'm just thinkin..." Eddie replies, quieter. More melancholy. 

Steve sits next to him and looks at him with concern. "About what?"

Eddie pauses for a second, debating if he should tell a total "stranger" about what has been bugging him so much. "There's this... person, that I like."

'What? No!' Steve panics, thinking to himself.

"But I don't want them to get hurt. I'm kind of dangerous to be around." Eddie continues, trying not to regret anything he says.
     DEVOUR
Eddie pushes Venom's thoughts from his mind.

Steve tries to smile. "Well, if I were them, I wouldn't mind." He attempts to make Eddie feel better. As well as himself.

"That's easy for you to say." Eddie grins.

That stupid, yet adorable grin, Steve loves. 

~"You seem indestructible. My person is definitely not."~ He jokes, his grin more apparent as he thinks back to that night. "I once found them half naked and bleeding out in an alleyway." He laughs.

Then Steve realizes. His eyes widening in complete surprise. 'Eddie likes me? He likes... me...'

Eddie looks over at the hero sitting right next to him in complete silence. "Spidey? Hello?" He look back down at his hands. "Whatever... Anywa-" 

Steve cuts him off. "Maybe he's tougher than you think."

"What's that supposed to-" Eddie tries to look back at Spider-Man, but realizes he just disappeared.
     HE KNOWS SOMETHING

~~~

"Holy shit. What just happened?" Steve says to himself as he swings away from the bridge on his webs. "There is no way."

Yes there is. There's always a way.