13 - They've officially met now...

🎶Take Me Out ~ Franz Ferdinand🎶
You know I'm waiting here for you
I'm just a crosshair

I'm a shot away from you
And if you leave here

You leave me broken, shattered, I lie

If I move, this could die

Eyes move, this can die

Come on, take me out

Eddie walked down the busy city street as a bus pulled up to its stop with an ear piercing screech. Venom did not like that.
     THAT HURT
'No, calm down, not now please. We are in public.'

The monster encases Eddie inside and growls. Picking up a car parked on the side of the road.
'Put that down! You're going to hurt someone!'
     NO

Hearing screams of people a few blocks away, Spider-Man swings his way over to where he had heard.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" He freaks out as he sees Venom for the first time, face-to-face... And what he really looks like. 'Holy shit.' He thinks to himself.

     'Calm down! You're hurting people!' Eddie begs Venom, trying his best to get the sentient black sludge to calm down.
YOU DO NOT CONTROL ME, EDDIE

Just then, Venom spots Spider-Man and lunges for him. He grabs him by the throat and lifts him off the ground.

"Hey, easy now, buy me a drink first." Steve chokes on his words as his airways slowly get cut off.

     'Let him go, man! He's one of the good guys! Please Venom, he won't hurt you, if you don't hurt anyone!'
YOUR HEART RATE SPED UP, EDDIE
YOU WANT TO DEVOUR HIM
     'Please, you're going to kill him! Let him go!'

Steve suddenly feels himself being dropped to the ground beneath him. He rubs his neck in pain and catches his breath. As he looks up to look around, Venom was no where to be seen. 'Where did it go?' He asked himself.

~~~~~

Before Eddie knows it, he's back in his apartment on the bathroom floor, back as himself.

He almost passed out as he stood up. He was immeasurably dizzy, and not even as bad as before. He's getting used to it.

Eddie is getting used to being Venom.

And it hasn't even been that long.

His head spins even more at the thought that he might be eating people, unwillingly, for the rest of his life.

He makes his way to the kitchen and grabs a drink. Like he usually does after Venom eats someone. He'd rather feel like he's sick from the alcohol than being sick from everything else that's been happening.

~~~

"Robin, he disappeared. Just like that. Gone. I swear he could've been a figment of my imagination. But all the damage he dealt, was still there." Steve complains as he rubs his eyes with the heel of his palms.

"Listen Dingus, at least he didn't hurt anyone. Sure, one car beyond repair is horrible, but that is better than one person dead, you know?" Robin tries her best to comfort the man before her.

"Did you not hear the entire part where he was CHOKING me?" He lashes out. "Sorry... I'm just really worried about what's going on. Is that really the thing that hurt Chrissy? That thing? Or was it not that big before?" He questions, half rhetorical.

"We need to give it a name. How about Venom? He seems to be like venom. In a way I guess." Robin concludes.

Steve pauses for a moment and lets out an aggravated sigh. "Yeah... Venom works."