.6.

" We will meet soon."

Laying on the bed, Sean stared at the message, racking his brain to figure out the identity of the sender. This person definitely has a connection with his past, which he was trying to forget deliberately.

Why and after all these years of self-tormenting, when he has already given up on his despicable self, why now?

After the incident happened eight years ago, Sean could never sleep. The gruesome pictures of the past appeared in his dreams. 

He wanted to forget everything, that's how he habituated drinking. Getting drunk till his senses goes numb and drifts to dreamless slumber.

His family put him through, various therapies, but all turned out unsuccessful. For the first two years, he cooperated with this charade. Later he cleverly evaded these sessions, vexing his family.

Sean didn't care, he simply couldn't feel any emotions. He felt everything around him lose shine, nothing mattered to him anymore.

He couldn't get along with his family and friends, he can no longer fulfill their expectations of him. 

He was barren land, with no life, he had failed those lovely children. They trusted him and he deprived them of life.

But today, the ray of hope, a cloud with a silver lining had shined upon him. After so long he could feel his beating heart, with the warmth, of being alive.

The photos, the note, and the messages clearly indicated the possibility of them being alive; probably he could meet them soon.

The mere thought of it enabled him to break free from the shackles of guilt and regret that bound him.

He breathed free, and slowly drifted to sleep. He dreamt of all the pleasant things, the giggling of these children was reverberating throughout. 

In his dream, he saw a boy laying on a white bed, with a patched-up body, holding a lion dreamcatcher.

"A golden lion" Sean whispered in his sleep.