.8.

The next day, Sean woke up rather feeling refreshed.

He took a long shower, got dressed, and informed Mr. Yan that he would be having breakfast downstairs.

Mr. Yan could not believe his ears and happily informed the kitchen.

Mr. and Mrs. Xiao were shocked to see the unexpected person, at the breakfast table, greeting them with a smile.

His mother could not hold back, she went and hugged her son tightly.

"Ma... I can't breathe..."

She cupped his face, "lemme see my baby...", and tears rolled down from her beautiful eyes.

"Ma, don't cry... please..."

She held him closer, "I'm sorry, baby... not being with you when... you need me the most..." Her voice cracked.

Sean wiped her tears, "Ma you are not at fault...it was me who chased everyone away...I'm sorry."

Mr. Xiao held his emotions at bay and watched the heartwarming scene before his eyes. His face got relaxed.

Mr. Xiao said calmly, "A'Zhan, it's good to see you here my son, Come on, let's have breakfast."

Jay came down to view an unbelievable sight, their adorable bunny is happily munching the food, fed by his mother. 

He got struck for a moment, as if the time had rolled back, and putting on a big brother facade, he walked towards the breakfast table.

"Has the sun risen from the west today?" he said mockingly, looking at Sean. He greeted his parents and joined them for the breakfast.

"Hi, Cheng... ge..." Sean said feeling a bit guilty. "Don't you call me 'ge' ... you... sorry ass..."  Jay spat back.

"Manners, A'Cheng!" Mrs. Xiao reminded. "Sorry, ma." he apologized and continued to stare at Sean. Sean showed a peace sign to Jay, who faked being angry. Four of them continued to eat.

Suddenly, Sean stood up and bowed "Pa, Ma, Ge... I'm sorry... I won't cause you any more trouble... Please forgive me." he remained in the bowed position.

Mr. Xiao patted his son's shoulder and asked him to lift his head up and said "Zhan, I want you to remember that we could never stop loving you, we are family and always will be."

Sean couldn't respond, his words got choked, and tears welled up in his eyes.

Everyone's hearts swelled with the wave of joy, this much-awaited reunion brought along, including the servants of the household.

"Oh, baby, don't cry... we are here for you... okay?" Mrs. Xiao hugged her son.

"Ma, he needs some nice spanking... don't spoil him too much." Jay spoke playfully, then he turned to his brother, "A Zhan wanna come to my new office? a change of atmosphere would be good... what do you say little bunny?"

They are treating me like a kid, I'm a twenty-seven-year-old man for god's sake. It is like time has stopped for them, and I'm still nineteen years old. Sean sighed at the thought.

"Good for me ge, I'll come with you... I have to meet someone later today, I'll go there from your place." Sean said cheerfully.

"If you are meeting that useless philanthropist playboy, Juan, then NO... stay away from him."  his brother said with a  hint of warning.

"I'm meeting up with Juan... but not for joining his fun... it is that need his help on something... I mean... I need an appointment with Meng Yao." Sean clarified.

"Meng Yao, you mean Dr. Charles?... Why?... If you want a psychiatric consultation, you know, we can arrange for the best doctors."  Jay assured and his parents also expressed the same.

" I know ge... but he could help me more.. and he knows my past, better than anybody"  Sean replied convincingly.

When he said that he wants to rehabilitate from excessive drinking, three of them finally agreed to his will.

Sean left with Jay. The outside world seemed brighter. He stayed silent and kept staring outside during the whole drive with Jay peeking at him occasionally.

"Zhan, This your first step in the battle, never back down now", he said to himself and a small smile appeared on his lips. "Mr. Lion, whoever you are, I'll find you"