.12.

Xi Rei Xiao Luxury Resort, Jade Pavillion open Banquet hall

Collaboration Party, for the large-scale joint venture between Xiao Group and Wang Infrastructure.

The Wang Group rules Architecture and construction industry. Henry Wang Kuan, the dynamic and successful young CEO of the group is lately into new ventures like banking and publishing.

Henry and Jay were both alumni of the same college. 

The setting was very relaxing and informal. Many prominent figures were invited to grace the event.

The Xiao family is present at the occasion, rooting for Jay in achieving such an amazing feat. After his sister's wedding reception, this is the first public function Sean is attending.

He was getting bored with all the repertoire. He wanted to stay away from the unwanted attention he is receiving from the guests.

But his brother and father hardly allowed him to escape. They were utterly excited to familiarize him with the guests. 

That's when, his eyes fell on the man who was talking to Mr. James Wang Huang, uncle of Henry, and the chairman of Wang Group.

Sean's breath shortens, making him feel suffocated, like a fish out of the water.

Luckily a slender hand pulled him and dragged him out of the place. The elegant young lady released his arms and stared at him with a pouting mouth.

"Jie, you are back from your honeymoon....", before he even could complete it, his sister Lucy pulled his ears hard.

"stop it Jie, it hurts... stop.. please..." Sean was pulled into a warm hug.

"How dare you make us worried to hell all these years... you rascal... Do you have any idea much we missed you... naughty bunny..." although it sounded abusive, Sean knew that his sister was crying. 

He said lowering his voice "I'm sorry... jiejie"

She released him, fixed her appearance, looking at him with eyes full of warmth "No sorries and goodbyes between us... we all love you... It's that we didn't know how to deal with your situation"

Hugging him tightly "Good to have you back... didi..."

" Jie, please... this is embarrassing... I'm no longer a child..." Sean was trying to get out of the fuzzy situation.

"Okay, big man... take it as a payback for not giving me a hug on my wedding" she countered.

Sean couldn't refute it, he was at loss for words. he didn't want to hurt her sister's feelings by commenting on something unnecessary.

"Didi, I know that you are apprehensive of the Yu. None of us know what went wrong eight years back... dad didn't want any of us... so we didn't pry. But believe me, Fei is not like his father, once you get to know him you will know." she said in a comforting note.

"I hope so jie, but it may take some time... it's not that easy for me..." he spoke.

"I understand... don't forget we are there for you... Fei... give him a chance for me, bunny." She patted his shoulders, and then her phone rang and he answered it with a smile.

"It's time for us to get back to the party... it was Fei, he is with Henry and Jay." She stated.

"I will join you guys in a bit... just want to take a breather." Sean stayed. 

"Then, dont be long didi" She hurried inside.
.

.

.

Sean walked outside of the banquet hall, with muddled thoughts. After meeting Lucy, he felt light-hearted.

But thinking about that cruel man Mr. Lu, his brother-in-law Chen Lu Fei's father, agony rose in his heart. All those horrifying memories from the past started to flood his brain.

He began to feel queasy, again the sense of being choked, sweating profusely, he clenched one hand on his chest, trying to settle his wobbling body on a steady surface.

With unsteady steps, he reached the outer courtyard of the hall. Feeling dizzy made him stumble and he fell backward. 

He knew his body hadn't hit the ground but someone had prevented his body from the fall and held him secure.

Even though it was disrespectful, as he felt weak on his knees, Sean kept his eyes closed in that position for a couple of seconds. 

The person told him to breathe in and out slowly. His voice was heavenly and had a slight tinge of a foreign accent.

Feeling a bit better, he slowly opened his eyes, the person above him looked like an Angel. Wings?...  thinking that he squinted his eyes and opened them again Oh, it's the lighting...

"Are you alright?... can you stand by yourself?" the young man asked. 

Sean comes back to his senses "I'm sorry... oh no, this is embarrassing..."

"It's alright... Do you need a medic?" the young man seemed to be genuinely concerned.

"No, thank you... I'm sorry ... really... for troubling you." he felt sorry.

"Do not worry about it... and the pleasure is mine" he spoke with a gentle tone.

With the help of the other, Sean stood on his feet. The young man in front of him looked angelic, with long blonde hair and captivating livid eyes. He felt that he might drown in those deep blue pools.

The young man smiled gently at Sean, his one hand still holding him gently, not allowing him to fall again. The smile made a small curve on his alluring pale red lips.

Dressed in a black and white designer outfit and the diamond ear studs gleamed brightly under the lighting, he seemed out of the world.

Seeing Sean was steady on his feet the other slowly released his hand. But, Sean was in a trance, he was so attracted to the person in front of him.

it's strange... I never felt something like this... he is.. so charming... so familiar... 
Why can't I remember...

The young man's phone rang, waking Sean up from his trance, but the other person didn't pick up the call. 

He politely excused himself hinting at leaving the place, " May I know your name?" Sean asked suddenly.

"I'm Leone and nice to have met you... I'm afraid, It's time for me to leave..."

"And I'm Sean..." Before he could go on the other person interrupted, " Mr. Sean Xiao Zhan, I know who you are.."

Sean was stunned,  How did this person know me?  he blurted "Have we met before Mr. Leone?"

"We are sure to meet soon... bye for now" Saying that and waving goodbye, Leone swiftly left the place.

Sean's eyes suddenly caught something on the hand waved at him, the gold signet ring.

He tried to follow Leone, but as expected the other person was nowhere to be found.

I finally met you...Mr. Lion!