𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 15

MASON SAT in bed, thinking about a way to say sorry to Emily, while Ari makes breakfast for the two

MASON SAT in bed, thinking about a way to say sorry to Emily, while Ari makes breakfast for the two. He finally gets an idea.

Meet up with her and say sorry on spot, or text her. He just decided meeting up with her is best so we turned around. He grabbed his phone from off of the nightstand and dialed Emily's number. He put it up to his phone as it rang. Finally, it picked up.

There was silence, except Emily breathing shakily.

"Hey..." He finnally said. Emily's breathing hitched.

"H-hi Mason," She looked down to the ground.

"Um, can we meet up?" He asked.

"Why?" She also asked, gripping onto the phone tighter.

"I'll tell you when we meet up," He said, not giving any emotion.

"You know what, Mason?" She said with a slight aggressive tone.

"What?-"

"Fuck you!" She yelled into the microphone, "You left me to be with her! You left me in your house all alone! I was scared and heartbroken. Do you know how it feels to be a second choi-"

"Yes-" He caught her off.

"No! You don't!" She yelled as tears started to overtake her vision.

"I liked you, Mason! And I know you did!" She whipped her tears, "Did that kiss mean anything to you?" Her voice started to relax a bit.

Mason didn't say anything. Emily nodded with a sniff.

"That's what I thought," Emily chuckled, tears starting to come back, "Goodbye, Mason."

"Wait, Emi-" Emily hanged up, "Ly..." He finished. He groaned and harshly put his phone back onto the nightstand, pushing himself onto the bed.

Ari nodded her head as a song played in the background. She flipped a pancake, looking behind her because she heard footsteps behind her. She grinned when she saw Mason. She turned back around to watch the pancakes. When she did, she felt arms wrap around her torso.

"Hey, Ari," Mason said, leaning his chin on her shoulder.

"Hi, Mason," She flipped another pancake, now putting the other pancake on a glass plate.

"So... how did it go?" She asked, looking up from the pancakes.

Mason raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"The call with Emily," She said, looking back down at the pancakes. Mason took his arms off of her torso, Ari kind of missing the feeling.

"How do you know I called Emily?" He leaned against the counter next to her.

Ari turned her head to look at him, "I heard you."

"Seems like it didn't go as planned," She turned her head back at the pancakes, putting the pancake on the plate.

"Yeah... it didn't," He looked down at the stove, "She's pretty mad at me."

"She should be," Ari flipped another pancake, "She has every right to be."

Mason stayed quiet and nodded, "You're right."

"I know I am," She took her hand off of the handle of the pan and rested her hand on her hip and turned her body to look at Mason, "Did you know, that I don't actually hate Emily?"

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes. The only reason I acted mean to her, is because I was jealous."

"Oh," he nodded.

"Now, I feel bad for her because of what you did to her. That was wrong, Mason-"

"Can you please just stop saying my name?!" Mason suddenly yelled, "I'm tired of you two always saying my name after almost every sentence!"

Ari just stared at him, not flinching, not giving him any emotion. She nodded, "Okay, I'm sorry."

Mason looked at her, his eyebrows stitched together, "Huh?"

"I'm sorry," She said, leaving her hand on her hip.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry for saying your name," She said, taking her hand off of her hip and going back to the pancakes, taking one off of the pan and placing it onto the plate.

"T- thank you," Mason looked down, feeling weird and a bit embarrassed.

"Pancake are ready," Ari said, turning down the heat. She now moved onto the eggs.

Mason nodded, taking the plate full of pancakes and putting it on a table. He also noticed Ari had a bowl full of fruit and a plate with bacon, a paper towel covering it as greese bled through. He took the two and also placed it onto the table next to the pancakes.

Ari finished the scrambled quickly, putting it also onto a plate and bringing it to the table. After placing it on it, she walked back to the kitchen and grabbed two plates, with utensils. She went back to the table and setted it. When she got done, Mason and her both sat in front of each other.

Without looking at eachother, they both started to grab their food, putting it on their own plates.

Ari started to pick at her food, sneaking glances at Mason. Until Mason looked up and saw her already looking at him. She looked down quickly, trying to hide her blushing.

Mason smirked, also looking down as he started to rat his pancakes and scrambled eggs. Ari slowly raised her eyes to look at him again. Mason sighed, "Yes?"

Ari immediately looked down in embarrassment.

He chuckled, "What's the matter? Why do you keep looking at me?"

"It's nothing," Ari ate a piece of her scrambled eggs.

"Okay..." Mason

After a few minutes of comfortable silence and finishing their food, Ari raised her head, "Mason."

"Yes?" He looked at her.

Ari grinned, "Do you want to go swimming?"

━━AUTHORS NOTES!
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for commenting, the 15k reads, and the votes. I appreciate for your guys support. 💞