𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 17

MASON FOUND Ari sitting alone on the couch, watching a random movie

MASON FOUND Ari sitting alone on the couch, watching a random movie. She seemed to be focused to the big screen, not paying attention to her surroundings.

That's when Mason joined her, making her slightly jump and turn her head to look at him.

"My goodness! You scared me!" Ari chuckled, holding her chest. But Mason didn't laugh or smile, he just looked at her with a serious look. Ari noticed and immediately dropped her grin.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concern coming through.

"I saw Emily and Brady," He finnally said. Ari furrowed her eyebrows, not catching at what he said.

"What?" She didn't understand what he's saying.

"Brady came over to Emily's house. I don't know why, I came to apologize to her and I just saw him there," Mason told her, Ari's eyes slightly wideneded as she nodded to what he said. Like she said, she doesn't hate Emily, but why would he do this? She obviously likes Mason than him. It confused Ari more as she thanked about it.

"Doesn't she like you?" She asked, a question Mason didn't expect.

"I- I guess," He stuttered in response.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand. If she likes you, then why is Brady at her house?" Ari tried to figure out the situation. Mason shrugged, making Ari nod.

"Let me check her insta," Ari whipped out her phone from her side, opening Instagram and typing her profile into search. Mason also didn't understand how she knows her insta, but he let it go.

Ari gasped, turning the phone to Mason and showing him her post comments. Seeing Brady's and Emily's conversation.

"Oh," He said, still looking at the screen.

"I know right," Ari turned off her phone and put it on the transparent table next to her.

"Whatever, if he likes her, then he likes her," She huffed and brung her knees to her chest, resting her chin on her knees as she wrapped her arms around her legs. She stared at the movie, feeling Mason stare at her.

He looked at her for a moment, not thinking about anything except her. He regrets getting into this mess with Emily. He wishes everything will just go back to normal. And so did Ari.

━━

EMILY AND BRADY STARED AT EACH OTHER. She didn't expect Brady to confess his feelings to her. She really didn't, and it shocked her. She didn't think he'd have any feelings for her.

Emily started to smile, making Brady smile also. She made the first move, pulling Brady into an embrace. He hugged back and buried his head into her neck. When they pulled away, Emily rested her hands on his shoulders.