𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 20

"WHAT ARE we?" Ari asked, looking up at Mason as he rested his hand on her leg

"WHAT ARE we?" Ari asked, looking up at Mason as he rested his hand on her leg. Mason turned his head to look at her.

"I don't know. What did last night say?" He smirked, earning one back. She chuckled, biting her bottom lip.

She moved closer to him and gave him a kiss, a quick kiss. She pulled away and moved to her previous position. Mason sighed, thinking about what he was going to say.

Ari just looked at him as he stared at his hand on her leg.

"Soo... we're a couple?" Ari asked, grinning in cringe. Mason shrugged, "I dont know, are we?" He tilted his head, his eyes shooting at her.

Ari rolled her eyes with a smile, "I guess we are." Mason grinned back at her and moved his head down to look back at his hand.

Ari sighed dramatically and got up, taking his hand and pulling him up from the couch. "What now?" He said.

Ari didn't say anything, but just pulling him out doors. She felt a whole bunch of happiness knowing that Mason and her are officially dating. But how would she tell everyone?

She ran as he followed her, not trying to trip. When she reached the pool she stopped and letted go of Mason's hand. He was obviously confused and concerned.

But know Ari, he watched as she jumped in the pool. She laughed loudly, jumping in the pool full clothed.

Mason just watched her with a hand on his hip. Ari raised herself to the surface, "Come join me!"

Mason shook his head, "No!"

"Cmon! It's fun!" She yelled.

"Fine!" He backed away and started to sprint towards the pool, also fully clothed.

He joined Ari, them both facing each other. Smiles plastered on their face like any other day.

Ari moved closer to Mason, him also. Within a second Ari was in Mason's arms, him lifting her up slightly. That's when they leaned in to kiss.

A savorful kiss.

That's until they were interrupted by shouts from inside the house. Ari pulled away in confusion and looked at the commotion.

"When did they get here?" Ari asked, watching as Brady, Emily, Tristan, Miguel, and basically all their friends.

"Might've invited them," Mason shrugged and swam beside Ari. She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Pool party!" Brady ran to the pool, jumping in and making a huge splash. Wetting everyone near the pool.

Madeleine scoffed, "Brady!"

"Sorry!" He yelled back. He quickly swam towards Ari and Mason. Ari turned her head and her face turned into complete shock. The shock turning into scared.

Ari tried to swim away but Brady was to fast and caught up with her. He picked her up, "Sooo, how's the cute couple?!" He grinned widely, seeing Mason swim to them with a small laugh.

Ari rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "None-"

"Great, actually," Mason caught him off, "What about you?"

"Amazing, Emily is totally better," Brady dropped Ari from his shoulder, making her fall and splash water around. She returned to the surface and scoffed dramatically.

"Well, I'm sorry that I at least-" Ari tried to finish her sentence but Brady had cut her off.

"Anyways!" Brady swam to the side of the pool and raised himself from the edge to get on the surface. When he did, he saw Madeleine in complete shock, her mouth wide open.

"What?"

"You guys didn't tell me about all of this! What did I miss? How come nobody has kept me up to date! Ari, I thought you were my girl!" Madeleine whined and rolled her eyes after setting down a bowl full of freshly cut watermelon.

Emily chuckled softly before looking over her shoulder to Ari.

Ari shrugged and got out of the pool too, her clothes soaked and dripping onto the floor. Mason followed closely behind.

━━

TRISTAN ROLLED his eyes and sighed. "This conversation is sooo boring!" He sat back into the chair. But then he shot up from an amazing idea.

Everyone ignored him and continued their conversation. They all ate watermelon, Ari and Mason cuddled against eachother. Also what Emily and Brayd are doing.

Madeleine sitting by Miguel, with Tristan in between.

Tristan couldn't take how boring this was, and he got up from the seat and ran to the pool, making sure there was a loud splash when he hit the water. Everyone turned their heads at the sound.

Brady grinned and got up too, joining Tristan in the pool. Everyone looked at eachother before also joining them. Now everybody were in the pool with joyful laughs filling the air.

Ari swam to Mason immediately and wrapped her arms around his body, resting her head in his chest.

She absolutely missed this. And so did he.

━━AUTHORS NOTES!
The end of yellow hearts!!! Damn, took so long. My fault yall.

Anyways, thank you so much for all the support. The reads, votes, and comments really mean so much to me! I love to see people enjoy my book. And if you don't, then oh well idc.

Sorry I made this very late! Plus I've been loosing my "writing skills." And I have a major writers block so this is just a random ending.

I might make another book bc of how bad my publishing time is soo... don't expect me to publish chapters fast.

Thank you all! 🤍
(I would make a whole essay but who has time for that?)