𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18

ARI WAS awoken by Mason

ARI WAS awoken by Mason. She felt his hands shake her gently. She slowly fluttered her eyes open, raising her self and adjusting to her surroundings. She saw Mason, and she instantly grinned.

"Hi, Mason," She said in a sleepy tone, stretching and getting up. She checked the time and saw that she had slept for an hour. Enough time to get ready before meeting up with Emily. A part of her felt weird for keeping this away from Mason.

"Hey," He said back, getting up from the couch, making his way to the kitchen to pour himself some cereal. When he did, Ari walked upstairs to her room.

Finally, she's done getting ready. She just wore a simple outfit, deciding to wear a pair of jeans with a small shirt. Putting on her converse, she grabbed her phone from her nightstand and shoved it in her back pocket. She also took some money on her way out of her room.

As she walked downstairs slowly, she began to text Emily the details. Saying that they should meet up at a small cafe near her house. They both texted each other until Ari made it to the end of the stairs.

Ari put her phone away in her back pocket and walked to the kitchen where Mason was located at. She spotted him eating cereal and on his phone watching Tiktok.

"Hey, I think it's time you should go home. I've got plans today and won't be here," She said out of the blue, making Mason pay full attention to her.

"Okay," He said, "My parents are getting worried anyways."

He grabbed his dish and placed it into the sink, after he did, he walked up to Ari. He pecked her cheek and wave her goodbye as he walked upstairs to her room. Ari stood in place, full on flabbergasted.

Her lips turned into a wide grin, she started to jump up and down with happy squeals. She kind of wished he meant to kiss her on the lips.

With a shrug, she called an Uber and made her way out the door.

━━

EMILY ARRIVED at the Cafe, noticing Ari sitting outside and she immediately took a seat in front of her. They both greeted each other. Without another word, Emily letted Ari start.

"I just wanted to address this situation," Ari said as she fidgeted with the rings on her fingers. Emily nodded, knowing what she means by situation.

"Are you and Brady a thing?" She asked first, making Emily almost choke on her spit on how straight forward she was.

"I- I don't know yet," Emily wished they were a thing, because they obviously kissed.

"Okay, well, I just really want to tell you something," Ari said, letting her hands drop onto her lap. Emily looks at Ari, nodding for her to continue.

"I don't hate you. I'm sorry if it comes off that way, but I think I just became rude to you because I was jealous that you and Mason- well, I think you know why."

"Yeah, I get it," Emily looked down at her lap, "I'm quite jealous of you too."

Ari raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yeah, you're just so pretty, talented, and famous. And can't forget that you're filthy rich. I wish I had that, but then also seeing Mason act a completely different way towards me when you were here made me feel terrible. I got jealous everytime you and him would interact because I'm insecure."

"Don't say that about yourself, I'm sure you have your own unique things about you. And to be honest, you're very beautiful in my eyes," Ari gave Emily a warm grin.

"Thank you," She grinned back at her, "I dont hate you either."

"Now that we know we don't hate eachother," Ari slowly dropped her smile, "I dont care if you date Brady. That's you girl, but if you try to date Mason, ima have to say back off."

Emily and Ari chuckled with eachother.

"Thank you, really. I feel better now that we are on good terms," Emily said, Ari nodding in agreement.

━━AUTHORS NOTES!
Short chapter, I don't know what to do for the rest. Anyways, thank you for reading! Yellow hearts will end after the two chapters that will be posted maybe today or tomorrow. Love you all! 🤍