Mi Hijo/My Son

March 1995 | Osaka, Japan

Aiko's leave has come to an end. She is preparing today for work. Little Haruto is getting bigger and bigger day by day. "Aww, I will miss you, my baby." She said as she kissed the cutie's cheek. Adoption is not an easy process. And her Ane' Hyun Mee wanted her to enjoy spending time with her son. Hyun Mee didn't want to take anything from Aiko including her time with her son. ". He's asleep now, you rest well with Haruto, I'll see you both tomorrow". Hyun Mee tiptoed her way out of Aiko and Haruto's room.

"Are they already asleep?" Tae Hoon asked his wife who was about to lie next to him. "Yes, Honey baby Haruto was able to get to sleep right away, and Aiko joined her for bed after I placed Haruto to bed." Hyun Mee said yawning.

The night went off quickly, Aiko woke up early and prepared herself and Haruto's things for the 'Nanny' to use as she and the Kims were off for work. Aiko feels a little sad, knowing she will miss her baby the whole day. She cried out about her stress and tiredness as she showered. Then she questioned herself as she contemplated life. "Did I do the right thing? Did I make the correct decision in having my baby adopted by Ani and Ane'?" Aiko is still young, but somehow, she is having second thoughts about having baby Haruto for adoption.

She finished preparing and got to her and Haruto's room right away. She thought that she still had more days to come with her son and she said to herself that she would enjoy every minute of it. Hours passed and she and the Kims had left for work.

They were at work and some of their colleagues had been whispering when Aiko came in. They were talking about her and judging her. Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee were quick to defend her when they noticed those judging eyes. "Why don't you mind your work, and not talk about someone's business?" Tae Hoon irritably said to one of their same-age colleagues. Aiko kept her head down, as much as she would love to ignore them, there was this one instance when she was even confronted by one of her office mates. She chose not to answer and just ran to the bathroom and cried.

Everyone made a fuss over her and her baby. Why not? He is Mr. Matsuda's son, the Manager of Nissan to whom everyone reports. Everyone made it a big deal. Mr. Matsuda was a good leader, but he resigned and left Aiko after knowing that he got Aiko pregnant. The people from their work blamed Aiko for Mr. Matsuda's resignation.

Now, they a forced to work with a Tyrant Boss, Mr. Mori. " I can't believe it!" Someone has to go and it's all because Aiko can't hold onto her panties!" A lady colleague said as she overheard them from the bathroom.

Aiko couldn't take it. She storms out of the cubicle from where she is hiding and confronts those who talk about her in an ill manner. " It's not like I seduced Mr. Matsuda! What he and I have is a relationship, a serious relationship!" Aiko said and then walked out and headed to her post. Aiko met with Hyun Mee in the hall. "What happened?" She asked Aiko who was sobbing. " It's them, they were talking about me and my baby!" Aiko replied in a low tone. "Don't mind them! They're just jealous because you have a beautiful baby boy." Hyun Mee drew circles on Aiko's back to calm her down.

The scene at the office was stressful, especially for a postpartum Mother, Aiko. She battled with herself to make it through the day. Good thing, She has Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee to back her up. She is grateful as she found a real family in them.

Months passed and everything was nothing but usual until a certain tragedy hit Osaka in September 2004.

Haruto was 9 years old and he was at School when the earthquake happened

Haruto was 9 years old and he was at School when the earthquake happened. His mother, Aiko his Uncle Tae Hoon, and Aunt Hyun Mee were all at work. Aiko got worried about her son that's why she left early to pick him up. Hyun Mee and Tae Hoon went to their house to check.

Everyone panicked. The kids were all crying. Aiko cannot find Haruto anywhere. "Where are you, my son!" She yelled as she cried looking for him in the rooms of her Son's school everywhere.

January 2018

Taehyung couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing. He is in the clinic. Waiting for his name to be called. He had been having headaches, he was feeling dizzy and it must be his tiredness but he was hearing voices.

A/n: Finally, Taehyung will continue as he starts to narrate to us, his story.

"I can't believe this! Is this for real? As far as I know, no one in my family has this kind of illness." I am not sick.

It was January, I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Isn't that for the oldies? I am in denial, I know. I'm young, I am strong. How could this happen to me? A lot of things and thoughts came to my head as soon as I found out about this illness of mine.

After weeks and research about this illness, I started to isolate myself from people. In a week, I will be going to New York. I will check myself in at this facility.

I am glad that I've saved up some money for this

PRESENT

I am currently in my office, I've been having headaches again. Minho, my husband is at work. Our big kids were already at school. The twins, Ken Zo who looks like my twin, and Kao Ri, our daughter, who resembles Jin and Jimin combined. They're in their room napping.
They are two precious babies and we cannot get our hands off of them.

Jin, my bro is in his studio, making good music. Jimin, Hmm, I think he will head home early, he misses our twins and he wanted to be near them 24/7!

He is still working on that missing person's case. That's what he told us. They have a strong lead on that. I hope that he and Minho can team up with that. Their boss, Detective Ho visited us last week. He said he'd see about putting Jimin and Minho in the same case.

A/n: Hi guys, sorry it took a while for me to update. I've been super busy with a lot of stuff. Thank you to those who still want to read this book.

Hmm, a tragedy happened in Japan. Also, 2018. When Taehyung was first diagnosed with Schizophrenia. How do you feel about Taehyung's narration of the story?

Please do not forget to vote and comment with your thoughts

Stay safe, everyone. Borahae😘

xoxo
poijeunaibi💮