Sus Gritos/His Cries

September 2004 | Osaka, Japan

It's now close to 24 hours, and Aiko hasn't gone home yet. She is still on the hunt for Haruto. She didn't have any clue where Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee could be. All she knows is to find her son. She kept on looking, there was fallen debris everywhere, and there were kids who were trapped and squished by the parts of the building. Sirens of an ambulance were heard here and there. " Have you seen my son?" Aiko asked an older school staff. She described what Haruto looks like, unfortunately, she cannot show any pictures as her phone died hours ago. The power was cut due to the massive damage in the city. The bridges as she could see from afar were divided into two. It felt like the apocalypse.

She drank the last drop of her bottled water. She felt like giving up. She sat on one of the corners, trying to be careful, and watched while the city went down. Her eyes can't stop tearing up looking at the things they had as it is being brushed off by nature.

Meanwhile.

It is like a miracle that Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee made it back home. They checked nearby, to see if they could find Aiko and Haruto. But to no luck, there were no traces of them, It was just a few of their neighbors and the houses that had collapsed.
The aftermath of the Earthquake left huge damage everywhere. Tae Hoon noticed a small group of kids crying. And he ran to check if Haruto was included there. " Haruto? Where are you?" Tae Hoon left out of frustration. There was no reply, no Haruto, no Aiko. No one.

A few more hours passed, and Aiko thought of leaving the school area a bit. She rushed to check their home, to see if Haruto was there. She found Hyun Mee, looking for some supplies. She thought of preparing food, They were all so hungry, " Ane'? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find him." Aiko hugged Hyun Mee and cried hysterically out of frustration.

The search and rescue went on for days. It was on the 9th day when Aiko thought she saw Haruto. She was back in the school building and she heard a loud cry. She ran to the place. But it was a different kid. The kid's foot was tangled in one of the debris. Aiko raised the huge rock but she didn't notice a bigger one and it hit her head. She was knocked down. She and the kid were trapped in that portion of the building.

Aiko woke up in a room. It was so bright. She couldn't move. There were medical machines placed on her. She has a sudden headache. She realized after a few seconds that she was in the hospital. " I'm glad you awake!" Mr. Matsuda said with a smile and pecked her forehead. Aiko couldn't react, she was puzzled when the man kissed her forehead.

January 2018

A/n: Taehyung narrating the story.

It was a long flight from Korea to New York. I arrived a few hours ago, and the staff accompanied me to my room. I could say it was neat and although it's different from my country, I think I'm gonna love it here. The staff is friendly and they make sure they tend to the patient's needs.

Patient? Yes, that's the word. I never imagined I would be called that. Anyway, I am about to head out, I will be exploring the facility.

It was beautiful. I had a chat with one of the staff earlier. He is also Korean. If I recall it right, he said his name is Bo Gum, Park Bo Gum! He is handsome like me. I think he is patient, I had a lot of questions regarding my diagnosis, and I think he did his best to answer them all. We parted ways as he was called by his superior. He is a nurse. He looks good in white. I wonder if white will look good on me too! Anyway, overall the Facility was perfect.

I will be scheduled for a one-on-one session with my therapist the next day. I'm a little nervous because everything is new to me. Even this Schizophrenia thing. That does mean that I will be transferred to an Asylum? I'm getting more and more terrified. I hope people here will be able to help me with this.

My parents, Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee have no idea that I have a certain diagnosis. I don't want to scare them. They took good care of me. And the last thing I don't want to happen is to make them worry.

My sister Hyerin is in Dubai, working as an attendant in a luxurious Hotel. My parents are a little old now. They are doing their very best to survive their small business. I miss them, but I also love being self-reliant. Growing up, I felt suffocated. Especially when it comes to me. I am sad that I wasn't able to do the things that I desired.
My parents love us, but I feel like they love Hyerin more.

I don't know why my parents were so strict. I just followed their wishes to avoid conflict. Good thing I was able to make an excuse, they allowed me to visit New York as they thought that it is work-related.

Although terrified, I will do my best to follow my therapist's suggestion. I will digest everything and hope that I will be able to recover from this illness soon.

A week passed.

Dr. Amanda Fritz was very nice to me. She gave me a complete explanation of what was happening to me. She said the voices will reappear and that they are also a way to avoid them. She gave me the prescription and advised me to take it on time. It will be harder if you go on a relapse.

A/n: My apologies if the update got posted very late. But yep, I hope everyone's paying attention to the back story as it answers all your possible questions about our dear Taehyung. Also, in 2018, when he met Bogum. What will happen to him next? I hope everyone is with me as we journey with Taehyung's life.

Please do not forget to vote and comment with your thoughts

Stay safe, everyone. Borahae😘

xoxo
poijeunaibi💮