¡Alejarse de mí!/Get away from me!

2017 March | Seoul, Korea

Hi Diary,

I am in my room as I'm writing this. My sanity, well, I don't know what's happening. The voices that I was hearing were getting louder and louder. I am out for work today.

My mother questioned me multiple times and I did my best to come up with a good alibi. I told her that I was not needed for work today. I am also feverish due to Over fatigue.

Shh again..

As I thought she wouldn't believe me, I placed a clove of garlic in my armpits. I know that is so childish of me. But my mother Hyun Mee will bug me. The way she is treating me adds more stress to my daily life. I am turning into this bad son because I cannot take how they are treating me anymore.

I've been seeing this Specialist who was recommended to me, but it's not of any help. I feel like everything is getting worse.

I have to go. That's it for now.

-Tae

Taehyung couldn't count the number of times he heard those voices. His sanity is getting at stake by the minute. He tried to see this Specialist, but it was not helpful to him. Although he renders Overtime at work, he also started to have absences. His boss now started to question his work etiquette.
"I'm sorry Boss!" Taehyung said to his superior.
"Be well Taehyung! You know we count on you!" His Boss said and left him in his office.

He had been working as an Administrative/IT Specialist in a private company. The company isn't as big as the others, that's why he is getting a minimum wage salary.

Break Time.

"Taehyung! Join us! We will go out for lunch today!" His best friend Ai Ra said. "It's okay, I have packed lunch! Go and enjoy with the others!" Taehyung shyly replied. He went to the office pantry and sat in one of the secluded areas. He opened his lunch box and ate the food his Mom prepared. Hotdog, eggs, and rice. They need to save up money because Hyun Mee got a loan for an appliance. Taehyung is the one paying for it.

After merely 5 minutes, he finished. He got his phone and played a game. He was engrossed in the game, a few minutes passed of playing it, he started to hear whispers. He looked to his sides but no one was there. He went back and played some more, and the voices became louder. "Sh shs shshs" were the ones he heard. Taehyung tried not to show that he was panicked. He stopped his game. He tried to act like nothing weird was happening to him.

He stood from his seat after 2 minutes. He drank water from the drinking fountain and got to the elevator. The elevator stopped on the second floor. Ai Ra and her other colleagues came in. "Oh, Tae! How was lunch?" she asked half attentively. They were laughing and joking about something. Taehyung didn't reply. He was quiet. He knows that the voices were there. As soon as they reached his floor, he went straight to his office. "Tae, wait!" Ai Ra called but Taehyung didn't make any stop.

He reached his office and got to his desk drawer. He tried to look for the pill. Good thing, he found one. He took it. He closed his eyes. He tried to regain focus. After a few minutes. He is feeling okay. The voices left.

He thought that he was running out of excuses due to his excessive absences. He finished work. He stayed for a little while. He researched on a Therapy center. A lot came up when he googled it.
He came across the Ostroff Center in New York. Taehyung took note of the name. After 30 minutes more about research. He switched off his computer locked his office door and then left.

Tae Hoon was rarely home. After Hyerin left, somehow, the family's relationship got strained. Tae Hoon opted to sleep in their Work Cabin. Hyun Mee was always alone. She has a few of her relatives nearby and goes there every day. "You're here son!" Hyun Mee greeted happily. "Yes Mom, I'm tired, I'll be in my room," Taehyung said and left his mother in the living room.

Taehyung has no intention of being cold to his Mom, he knows that to himself. He owes them a lot. That's what he always says in his head. If it weren't for them, he could've been dead. Hyun Mee got her attention back to what she was watching.

Taehyung plopped himself to his bed. He looked at the ceiling. He was thinking hard. He is of age. He can do what he wants. But why does he feel trapped? He feels like his life belongs only to the four corners of his room. He needs to make a perfect lie just to be with his peers. He is getting more and more suffocated as the years go by. He wanted to break free but he didn't know how to.

Taehyung is becoming sad. Little by little, he is starting to withdraw himself from the people around him. He feels like no one can help him, or understand what he is going through. He wanted to be himself without feeling guilty.

Over time, he developed how to be this person. This person is sad, and all over the place. Taehyung learned how to hide everything, from anyone. He started how to fake his emotions. He has himself covered in this different persona. The one who acts strong, and someone who knows it all. He even masked himself and pretended that he was happy all the time. Little did everyone know, that behind this strong, happy person lies a sad boy. Someone who is trapped in a cell. He doesn't know how to be himself. He thought enslaving himself was the only way he could repay someone in his life.

A/n: Hi guys, here is our chapter! I feel sad for Taehyung. What would you do if you were him?

In a few more days Christmas is nearing, I hope everyone will read the Holiday presentation. It's just a one-shot. I hope you will like it!

Please do not forget to vote and comment with your thoughts

Stay safe, everyone. Borahae😘

xoxo
poijeunaibi💮