Alucinaciones/Delusions

2017 | Seoul, Korea

It's one of those regular days. Taehyung had been coming to work and going home on time. He is usually tired after rendering Overtime. He works his ass out to be able to give something to his parents. He thought that spoiling them a little would be his way of showing gratitude for saving him from everything he had gone through.

Most of his salary goes to his 'parents'. They have a regular life. They are at least 2 notches ahead before they get classified as poor. Hyun Mee stopped working after conceiving her child. She wanted to hold on to her miracle baby Hyerin. Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee were able to have that miracle baby 2 years after going back to Korea.

Taehyung does his best to provide for his family. A lot has changed after having Hyerin in the family. Hyun Mee becomes more strict with Taehyung. She treats him like a kid who needs to be held by his mother at all times. Little did they know, they were suffocating him, and Taehyung was not like how he was being treated.

"Taehyung? Are you home?"Hyun Mee knocked on Taehyung's bedroom door. There were no responses. Hyun Mee knocked harder and no one was coming out. "Hmm, he must've fallen asleep," Hyun Mee told herself and just left it. She went to their kitchen and started to prepare dinner.

Taehyung doesn't know if he is in the Reel World. But he started to hear voices. He sees himself with a stranger and he is calling her 'love' he doesn't know who this person is.

Taehyung let that thing go. He keeps on working and he doesn't have time for himself. He knows Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee loved him but he thinks they don't trust him enough. He grew up and he became dependent on them. He doesn't have a voice and he cannot speak his thoughts. Over the years they became a controlled freak. They thought they were protecting Taehyung but what they do not know is that he is feeling sad about his life. There are things that he wants to do but he cannot do them. He loves them and he does his best to reciprocate their love by working or should we say, enslaving himself for them.

It's been a month and the 'girl' keeps on revisiting him. The presence is felt every time he is tired. He also cannot get over the 'whispers' that he is hearing. It will happen every time he is lying on his bed. Staring at the ceiling of his dark room.

Taehyung started to record it in his journal.

On the first page, he wrote:

Hi Diary,

Well first, this is giving me a cringe because I'm not the type of person who writes stuff. Second, a lot of weird things have been happening to me lately. I know I'm usually tired. But hearing voices? an imaginary girlfriend? Girlfriend? Well, I don't like girls to be honest. And me calling that girl 'love' is way beyond. I feel like my heart couldn't take it.

For one, I know I am gay. But I am the gay whom they call the 'top' like the man in the relationship. I don't know but I just don't find girls attractive. I prefer boys, 'bottom only' of course. Anyway, this thing that's happening to me is getting bothersome. I will check with a specialist soon. I hope this is not something serious.

Alright, goodbye for now.

Taehyung journaled everything right from the start. And now, it's been 2 months and he is experiencing the same thing. After he checked with a regular physician, he was recommended to see a psychiatrist. While he is under observation, his mental condition is starting to worsen. There are days that he cannot work because he keeps hearing these voices. He takes the medication secretly as he doesn't want Tae Hoon and Hyun Mee to be burdened by his situation.

Every time he felt uncomfortable, he would lock himself in his room. He thought that sleeping it off would make the voices go away. He was prescribed something to relax his mind. He does his best to take them on time. When he misses out, the voices come out again, as if those voices are whispering something bad.

A/n: Trigger warning Self Harm

Around March 2017

Hi Diary,

It's me again. I've been taking my medications religiously. I only hear the voices when I am tired. I talk to my psychiatrist and she tells me things that I need to do.

I follow everything she says. But there are times that I miss out because my parents are around. Mom is still on my nose. I can't breathe anymore.

Shh...

I started to develop 'lies'. I wanted to go to an event. And I told them that I would be working overnight. Since they thought it was work. They allowed me. But if it's gathering and such, they will not allow me. I feel like they would lock me in my room.

Hyerin, my sister is all grown up. She is the rebel in the family. She is out of our house and is working abroad with her 'girlfriend'. She is a lesbian. I don't think it's an issue. But my parents always masked this 'perfect family image'. So, she left them as she felt suffocated too.

At times, I couldn't handle them anymore. I cannot hide and put on this mask any longer. There were days when I tried to slash myself. Once my parents noticed the wound on my wrist. I told them that I hurt myself in getting a stock of our product in the Bodega. I know, it's bad to hurt yourself and lie. But how can I be free? How can I live my life? They always make me feel guilty about leaving them since Hyerin left them.

I am only human. I want my own life too.

-Tae

A/n: Hi guys sorry it took a long while to update. Well, first. I kind of feel demotivated. And this story is getting more challenging. Plus, I also see someone ranting about VMIN friends to lovers story. Well, I respect their opinion. I'm here not to be defensive about my work. At the end of the day, it's our story. Like what I said before. ' I cannot be everyone's cup of tea'. I'm here to share stories and not force anyone to read them. Readers' opinions matter, but I also hope that they respect how the story is written.

We have our uniqueness. My stories are all based on my broad imagination. If, somehow, it is a like or resembles others, then I apologize, that is not my intention. I guess, somehow, people think alike, but never identical. Not unless you copy someone's work.

Anyways. I will be here. And I will still share my stories, whether people read it or not. I am perfectly fine. Not competing with everybody else.

Note: The only competition we have is ourselves.

Have a great day everyone.

Please do not forget to vote and comment with your thoughts

Stay safe, everyone. Borahae😘

xoxo
poijeunaibi💮