Relax to Study and Study to relax

Angel's pov*****

It took me a solid 20 minutes to get to Richie's house using the bus. I used my ear pods to listen to some music on the bus.

Welcome to Wonderland.
We've got it all
Potions and Pastries that make you grow tall

Yeaaaaah. One of my favorites. I fell asleep and by the time I woke up, I panicked and ran like a mad person on the bus.

"Wait! I missed my stop!"

"Young lady, will you sit down! You want to die?" The driver snapped

I huffed "Not yet old man, that's why I need to get to my baby's house before it's too late"

Everyone looked at me like I was an alien and the bus suddenly stopped for me to get down.
"Oh, you're my hero, old man. I'll tell my baby all about your heroic deeds..."
The driver slammed the door in my face and sped off without receiving any cash.

I ran after him. "Hey Superman! Are you still doing free service?" I yelled.
The man stopped once again and snatched the money out of my hand.
Then, I was kicked out again.
'Siiiiiiiiiigghhhh. Such a long walk to Richie's now. Maybe if we run we can get there on time. She's Soo gonna have my head today'
I told myself

I got to Richie's place and as soon as I got in, I screamed "Don't do it baby! Don't do it!"
Richie walked up to me and smacked my head.
"Owie" I whined
" I gave you solid 15 minutes. You're 5 minutes late, you dumb ass"
"I slept off on the bus!" I argued
"Why didn't you just ride your bike like you always do"
"I figured I needed to save all the calories for the movie. Watching TV burns ya know?"
Richie face palmed herself and I hugged her "I love you"
"I hate you too, you little clown"
"HEY! I'm not little! You're just tall!"

Richie grinned and brought the snacks out.
She turned on her laptop and we watched the movie I was so hyped about.

"No way! That didn't just happen!" I gasped with surprise.
"It did and you just saw it"
"The good guy was the bad guy after all???" I asked with a sparkle in my dark brown eyes.
"Yeah, everything just changed... It was nice"

I couldn't believe her words "Nice?! Richie, did you just call that masterpiece nice?! You are clearly out of your mind! The graphics! The animation! The setting! The background! The coloring! The outfits! The plot! The story writing! Everything about it was... Just.... A work of art!"
Richie raised a brow completely unfazed "That's what you said for Frozen 2"
My eyes shot open and I protested "That was in season! But seasons come and go, and the season for that has gone..."

"Whatever. Let's study" Richie suggested.
We hadn't studied for that long, when I started drawing again.

"Angie seriously? You're so easily distracted? You can't even study?" She scowled.
I gave her my jotter to look at the comics I had drawn and she read them.
"Ha ha. Practice what you preach, ma"
She rolled her eyes and buried her nose in my comics again.
I spread my arms and legs wide on the bed, feeling nothing but air around me.
I let out a deep breath that helped in lifting a strange weight.
"Baby, I relax to Study"

_____________________________________________

Sam's pov*******
I ran my fingers through my hair. This was so frustrating!
Why can't I get this note right?
Dammit!
I dropped my violin on the bed and yanked my silky curls.
Ughhhhh!
The only thing that could possibly help me right now was getting something right.
I took a physics textbook and started solving.
I felt calmer as I started marking myself right in every question I solved.
I found myself drowned in the textbook's wisdom and I calmed down.
I packed my violin and put it away.
I saw my mom at my door and she was wearing a small smile.
"I heard music. I haven't heard you play in 3 years" she said softly.
"I was just testing to see if it was still in a good condition. I'm not going to play it any time soon" I told her bluntly.
"But... You were playing just now... It was beautiful"
"It's a waste of time." I snapped.
Mom was quiet "I'd love to hear you play again, Samuel. You used to play so beautifully. Your father and I were always hoping you'd play the violin again"

I buried myself deeper into what I was reading "I don't have time for a bunch of strings on ply wood. I have to read if I want to graduate mom"

My mom smiled sadly "Alright son, whatever you want. I love you"
I heard her whisper after she closed the doors "But don't graduate like this"

My mind was troubled but I later focused on my textbook.
I sighed and gave my violin a long hard look.
I didn't need a stupid violin to relax. I didn't need anything else.
"I study to relax"

Well... I really wanna hear from you guys sooo. Shoot. Anything at all. About me, about the book. Whether it's a statement or question. I'd love to see them.
Thank you all. This has been a very thrilling experience for me.
Pls vote and follow too. I love you all and promise the book will only get better 😉 😘