First Date

Sam's POV *******
I don't want to admit it... but I'm freaking out. My parents and I have planned this date. Yes... I asked my parents to help. It's that bad.

"You know, just go for the Ferris wheel. There's always kissing at the top" my dad bellowed
"Or the tunnel of love. Rumor says it's haunted by now, but people come out clinging to themselves" my mom piped.
I was already a groaning mess. It was Friday evening. Tomorrow is the date.

"Make sure you buy her cotton candy! I'm sure she's got a sweet tooth!" My mom chirped.
Dad spoke in a gruff voice "Or you could just have some privacy in the restroom~"
"Dad!!!" I snapped, and mom gave him a warning look.

"Oh, my son is finally becoming a man!" My mom cried.
Dad went inside his room and came back out with a box.
"I knew this day would come. Now, boy. I have something for you. I never thought... you'd ever know what it is... but here"

If my face could turn whiter than that of a ghost, it did. I was... dumbfounded.
My father held a pack of... protection.
"I'm not saying you should take the whole thing. I don't know if you're the energetic type or the–"

"Dad..." I groaned, feeling miserable.

"I'm just saying!" His tone rose and I snapped back to attention.

"If your hormones are too high for you to control and you need to do the needful... with her consent of course... just have 3... at least"

"At least?! What do I need 3 for?!"

"Well" he boasted "You are my son after all. And your old man hasn't gone any less than 5 rounds!"

I can't believe I was engaging in this conversation. Yeah. He managed to do 5 rounds at least and ended up with one offspring. I'm impressed. Not.

I wonder if that means his fertility is low... does that mean I have low fertility as well?! No... it might just be mom... right? I'm a fertile male...
I turned to mom, and she had her head buried in one palm as she shook her head.
Okay... my dad lied. From the looks of my mom, he can't last a single round.
Wait! Why am I even talking about this?! What the heck?!

I retired for the night and went straight to my room.
Since I started using my phone again, Angel was the only person I called or texted on it. When you don't count my parents...

I dialed Angel's number.
Bzzzzt. Bzzzzt. Bzzz...

"Hey Sammy~" her sweet voice rang from the other end.
"Angel, I just wanted to remind you about our date tomorrow"
"I know. I can't wait! It's going to be so fun! I don't mind if we even go to a mine. As long as I'm with you, I'm happy!"

I felt my heart beat faster in my chest. She is going to be the death of me someday. There was nothing but audible silence from the two ends. Nothing could be heard but our soft breathing.

"Sam..."
"Yeah?"
"Can you tell me where we're going now?"

The corners of my lips twisted to form a smug smile.
"Why?"
"I'm just curious..."
"It's a surprise, cat girl~"
"..."

More silence.

"I'll pick you up 6pm tomorrow. I love you" I said.

"You know it's actually the other way round" she snorted.
"Is it the picking you up part or the I love you part?"
"Both actually"

I chuckled. "Alright then. You'll pick me up 6pm tomorrow. You love me"
"I love you too~" she giggled.
I was falling harder for this kitty.
I reluctantly cut the call... and tried to get some sleep.
My eyes finally shut and I opened them to see her face too close to mine.
I knew where I was.
In a dream.