Christmas Special

Sam's pov*******

Why was I doing this again? Riiiight, because she wanted me to. I sighed at my predicament. I was dressed as a Christmas elf while Angel was a Christmas princess.

My costume was a goofy tacky green and red suit, with red and white striped socks and sleeves. I wore a green and white hat, and green boots. I looked like one of Santa's slaves that got minimum wage... That was the point of dressing up anyway.

But Angel... God... She looked like an Angel.
She was wearing a knee length red dress with white fluffy lace that reminded me of Santa's beard attached to the hem. Her face was covered in a light layer of make up that brought out more of her beauty, her lips covered in glossy, glittery lip gloss that I just wanted to lick off. Her hair was tied into a neat tight bun, and a sparkling tiara with a fake ruby gem was adorned on her head.
She looked like a fairytale too good to be true.

Yes, back to the topic. You're probably wondering what I'm doing dressed up like this.
Well, for one, it's Christmas.
And Angel, wanted to celebrate it in a pet store, to help them out in their adoption event.
It was fun and lively for the children that came to play with the animals.

We were dressed up to make the store seem more... Festive. And besides, the more hands, the more fun. Her words, not mine.

"Angel... I don't really celebrate Christmas anymore. It's been a long time" I told her a few days back.

She held my arm warmly "Well, I think it's time you celebrated it again. You should open up completely now, Sam. Besides, it's going to be our first Christmas together"
I sighed and rubbed my temples "Fine. How do you want us to celebrate it?"

She flashed a wicked grin I should have totally noticed, but I didn't, and now I'm here answering the questions of different children and parents.

Angel seemed to know what she was doing, and she loved it. She knew more about animals than I've ever known in my life.

"That's Susie you have. She's a Chow-chow"

The kid that held the fluffy dog was amazed by all the facts that Angel was dropping on her like bombs.
I swooned. Isn't she amazing?

"M-Mistef elf?" A child called me. I looked down and saw the little girl holding a lizard.

"My friends don't like this lizard. They say reptiles are gross. They said I should put it back" the girl squeaked as her lower lip quivered.
I squatted to reach the girl's height and patted her head.
"I think reptiles are cool. They're tons smarter than dogs or cats"

The girl's eyes widened "Really?"

"Yeah! Reptiles are wise, independent animals. Take a turtle for instance. They live for hundreds of years and they're known as the wisest of animals"

The girl beamed "That's so cool! Tell me more, Mr. Elf!"
More children also started gathering around me, and that's how I found myself telling all sorts of stories to the children and helping them look for cool pets.

_____________________________________________

We were rounding off, and we helpers were having our fun.
Angel was talking to a male worker, Matt.

"You don't even want to know how hard it is to clean up their messes" he bellowed.
For some reason, I got bad vibes from him. I didn't like the way he was looking at Angel... My Angel.

"Really? They're so cute though, I think it's worth it"

Matt chuckled, then turned to her looking serious "You were amazing today. How would you like to be a permanent worker and actually get paid?"