Play The Violin

Angel's pov*******
After the 'talk' with Sam, I felt a hundred times better. Well, congrats to you dear readers for finding out what was wrong with me... Well... Just part...

I got home and I was greeted with a warm smile from my mother.
"Where were you? Sam came over asking for you, and I told him I thought you were with him" said my mom.
I sighed "I was in the park. I needed to clear my head"

My mother patted my back "I understand. Just help me make dinner"

I stared at my mother and she wore an evil grin.
"What? Just because you were gone for 3 hours, you think you could run away from your responsibilities? No way, child"

"MOM!!! WHY?!!!" I cried
My mom held my hand and dragged me to the kitchen.
"Start with the onions" she ordered and I sulked.
No way, my mother could do this to me. Wait... She just did.
My Lord. If I don't kill myself, she will.

__________________________________
A few days pass and BOOM! It's the weekend. I was so excited to watch a cartoon with Sam at his place. It was a dream come true watching the only movie I had been dreaming about all my pathetic life.

I got dressed in a lime green round neck T-shirt, and a pair of black jeggings. I kissed my mom goodbye and ruffled Sparky's hair before riding away on my bike.

__________________________________

Ding-dong

"Sam!" I called his name from outside.
I rang the bell again and again until it opened up. Even then, I was still jumping like a pogo stick.

"I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!" I squealed and dashed inside.

"Angel! What the...?!"

I greeted his parents with a hug and ran to his room.
His parents were too surprised to hug me back. I was acting like a kid on sugar rush. Well, that's cartoon for me. It was my sugar rush.

"Come on, Sam! Let's watch the...!"

"Angel, wait!" He yelled from the living room.

I was shocked.

...

He had a violin?

On his bed, was a beautiful brown violin that looked new or recently polished. I never knew he played.
I wanted to ask him a lot of questions, but I shrugged it off. Cartoons first! Personal questions later!

Sam looked tensed so I stuck with my decision to not bring it up.
He placed the violin back into the case and hid it under his bed.

Pfft. No wonder I never noticed.

We sat on his bed, watching the movie with all seriousness... At least I was. Sam looked pretty bored.

At the end of the movie, I was 10 times drowned with sugar. I was squealing and jumping all around the house.

"Angel!" Sam snapped at me and I flinched. Dang, I hated that tone.

"Behave." He ordered and I gulped.
I wanted to watch it again so I asked him to send the movie to my phone.
"What?!" He yelled "We just watched it! Why do you want me to send it to your phone?"

"I'm going to watch it again when I get home" I replied.

"And give your mom a reason to kill me? I don't think so" said Sam.

"Why would mom ever hate you? She practically worships you"
Sam rolled his eyes "If I give you the movie, then you'll watch it again, then you'll go crazy, then you'll make your mom's ears bleed and her ear drums burst, and I'd be held responsible" he outlined for me.

I pouted "Hey!"
He smiled and pinched my cheeks "It's true. From your screaming scenario just now, I'd doubt if I'm wrong"

For some reason, the act of pinching my cheeks made my heart jump. No! No, heart! He's just a friend! A good friend!

His smile suddenly waned and he retracted his hand from my face.
"Anyway, it's getting late. I should take you home"

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes "Hmmph! Not until after you've answered all my questions"

He sighed in frustration "Why am I not surprised?"
"You play the violin?!" I asked in a high pitched voice.
"Well... Yeah... Just recently though... I started playing again" he replied.

I beamed "Wow! That's amazing! I love violins! They're my favorite instruments! Violins, violas"
He chuckled "They're different things. And I never knew you loved Violins so much, I would've played a song just for you"

My cheeks suddenly reddened "Stop teasing me!"

His gaze suddenly darkened and he leaned forward "Am I?"
His lips were dangerously close to mine and I whimpered.
His eyes widened with shock and he suddenly snapped back to his original position, at a safer distance from me.

I sighed in relief. Thanks Sam for not losing control.

"Can you play for me?" I suddenly blurted out.
I noticed Sam's cheeks turn red and he turned away.
"What?" I asked feeling concerned "It's okay if you don't know how to play so well..."

Samuel raised a brow at me, as though silently scoffing.
"You think I'm a noob? Tch. Watch this"

He suddenly grabbed his violin and started playing Fur Elise.

I was left awestruck at his finale. "Wow! That was awesome! You should play for me again!"

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head "Well, I don't like Playing..."

I pouted and held his hand. "Please, Sam"
His cheeks reddened and he coughed loudly "Just for you"
I smiled at his words and hugged him.

___________________________________

"I really enjoyed the time I spent with you today, Angel" Sam told me as we got closer to my house.
"Me too, Sam" I whispered back with a shy smile.
Suddenly, I noticed his gaze moving down and landing on my lips.

My ears heated up and he leaned closer. I suddenly felt a strong force of attraction pulling me towards him.

My eyes fluttered shut, already imagining the taste of his lips.

What are you doing?!
You know I like him!
You stupid cow!
You know I like him!
I love him!
I've loved him longer than you have!
I can't believe I called you a friend!

Richie's voice screamed in my head and I jumped back.
Sam looked at me with sadness and pain in his eyes, but he tried to hurt it.
I bit my lip. Hurting Sam is the last thing I want to do, but I wanted Richie to be happy.
"Goodnight Angel" he muttered and left.
My heart sank as he dashed off quicker than lightning.

I had to control my emotions.
I couldn't love Sam. He wasn't mine. He shouldn't be mine.

The whole night, I kept thinking about Sam. I had to stay away from him. Staying near him as nothing more than friends is painful for both of us.
On the plus side, Richie would be delighted if I stayed away from Sam.
No. I can't stay away from Sam.
I want to please Richie, but I don't want to hurt Samuel.

Ugh!

This is going to be harder than I thought.
I thought about his violin. Did Richie know he played?