More Wolf than Urchin

Angel's pov*******
Sam's merciless teasing made me walk out if the room in a hurry and I needed someone to talk to.
I was eagerly pacing around the large empty parlor.

What if Richie finds out?
What if Chelsea finds out?
What if I'm not good enough?
What if he later falls out of love?
Can I go for a relationship?
Can I really love him?
Can I really trust him?
Will I be broken?
Can he fix me?

I pulled my hair so hard, it hurt.

"I wouldn't suggest that, Miss Angel" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see the head worker aka butler, Charles.
(A/N: No, you guys. This isn't the same Charles from school. I would never humiliate Charles like that... Buuuuuuut... *Laughs in evil*)
"Charles?"
He flashed a warm smile "My, your hair is a mess. Mind if I tie it up for you?"
Charles has always been like a good uncle to me.
I sighed and he led me to a nearby mirror.
My hair seemed to be growing fuller, thicker and longer every passing day, I had to go for a hair cut once a week.

He packed it up to two puffy afro buns after much tears of pain and yelps of sorrow.
My bad.

"There. You look beautiful enough to attract Mr. Lenard"
I blushed. Why was he...???
"Sam and I are not... Together... Richie likes..."

"Oh hush" he snapped and I jumped
"My loyalty is bound to the Richardson, but it doesn't mean I have to play a blind role. The boy truly likes you. From the stories I hear from Miss Richardson every morning, evening and night, the boy never seems to hang out with anyone. A bit of a loner, yes?"
Before I could reply, he added further "So it was quite surprising that the same Mr. Lenard followed you to visit Miss Richardson. If there's one thing I must say, it's that this boy really likes you"

I sighed and played with a stray curl "I don't know, Charles. I don't want to get into a relationship"
"Just because you're suffering from a mild mental instability doesn't mean you should chase love away from your life. I'm sure that if you give this boy a chance, you'll never regret it"

"I know Charles... I just... What if Richie?"
"I'm sure Miss Richardson wouldn't take any indiscriminate action against you... Well... I know she won't take it to the extreme"
I shook my head "I'll think about it Charles"

Charles facepalmed himself "How you hide this side from the world surprises me. You might be more depressed than your friend"

I smiled "You bet I am! Thank you, Charles"
Charles patted my head "Anything for you, child"

I skipped away happily to the dining room which was assorted with all kinds of meals.
My mouth watered at the sight.
Food!
Delicious looking food!
I was a picky eater with the appetite of a rock —I hardly had any. Hehe— but when it came to the food I liked, I could pile it up to as tall as mount Everest and devour it.

Mrs. Richardson saw me and waved "Angel, darling. I see you're ready for breakfast"
I smiled and nodded.
"Do you need help with anything, Mrs. Richardson?"

Mrs. Richardson waved her hands "No, no. The maids are already working on everything so no need"

I smiled and she smiled back. I went to Richie's room to call the two of them but I found Richie talking the life out of Sam's innocent body.

"And that's why I don't milk cows at Gramma's farm!"
I groaned. This girl...

I smiled sweetly "Richie! It's time for breakfast!"
I knew food was Richie's weak spot. She loved food like I loved Cartoons. And that's saying something.