First Day On The Job

Sam's POV*******
The weekend passed by like a flood. It took forever.
It was Monday again and I was super ecstatic to be near Angel for another 12 hours. Ever since our first date, we've been talking on the phone for hours and hours, since coming over was getting stressing for both of us. I didn't want her to get cramps from riding that bike too much. Maybe I should learn to ride a bike. But I loved my books too much to care when I was younger.

My bag was ready, my hair was combed to the waviest curls I could achieve, my uniform was ironed and I was ready for whatever surprise test that could come my way.

"Sam!" I heard my mother call. I rushed outside of my room, and found Angel sitting comfortably on the couch, chatting with my dad.
She saw me and her eyes twinkled. She rushed over to me and kissed me softly on the lips.
"Morning, handsome~" she purred.
I stood there, my brain malfunctioning as I tried to come up with a reply.

My mother beat me to it "You two are just adorable! You really are an Angel in our lives, Angel dear"
Angel giggled and she stared at me with her big dark brown eyes, shining brighter than ever before.
"Where's Medusa?" She asked.
"Who?" I mumbled in a daze.
She just laughed loudly "The snake, silly!"
I snapped out of my trance and blushed "Oh, right. Hehe"

She followed me to my room, where she greeted Medusa and picked her up to cool itself around her arm.
"I can't get enough of her!" Angel cooed as she stroked the snake's head with one finger.
"She's a really cool snake" I admitted and Medusa hissed in approval.
Angel's smile faltered "To think they were about to send her back out to the wild. With scales like hers, she'll be a sitting goose out there. We're lucky we got her right in time"
I stared into Medusa's red slits "I think she's lucky we were there. She seemed to have chosen us. Remember? The man told us she frightens customers, but she got all cozy with you"
Angel smirked. "It must be my charm. I have a way with animals you know" she bragged "I have very high charisma, you know, I sometimes think I'm related to Newt Scamander"
"Who?"
"Newt Scamander! In fantastic beasts! Very handsome fellow" she gushed, gently placing Medusa back in her glass cage.
My nose wrinkled at her last statement. She called me handsome just a few minutes ago right?
She noticed my contorted face and giggled "Awwwn? Are you jealous?"
I shook my head so fast, I got dizzy. "No. Why would I be?" I pouted.
She cupped my cheeks gently and turned my head to look at her.
"Don't worry, his good looks can never be compared to yours"
I just blinked and she pulled me in for a slow passionate kiss.
"Sam, Angel. Come have breakfast!" Mom called from outside the door.
Right on cue, Angel's belly growled and I chuckled.

________________________________
Halfway to school, I asked Angel if she had time to teach me how to ride a bike.
"There's no second that's not free in my agenda" she snickered "Why do you want to learn how to ride a bike anyway?"

I muttered nervously "I just thought it'd be great exercise... a great means of saving the money I use on transportation... and a way to get closer to you"

The silence after what I said was piercing, then I could notice the dimple on her cheek start to appear once I angled my head.
"You're so sweet, Sam. God knows, you're the Angel in this relationship. Alright, I'll coach you"
We parked her bike, and walked towards the school building "But be warned, I'm a very bad coach"
I smiled and she smiled back, leaning closer to kiss my lips.
"Anyway, have you added your name to the tutor list?" She asked after pulling away.
I looked around the school. As always, we were the first to arrive. I saw the large clock in the middle of the hallway.
7:45
And school starts 8:30.
"Yeah. I should start getting requests today" I replied.
I locked eyes with her for a moment and noticed a different kind of light in them. It was a glow I've never seen before, and I couldn't understand it.
With concern, I placed my hand on her cheek and she leaned into it. "What's wrong?"
She sighed "I'm happy that you want to be independent and everything, but I'm scared people will try to steal you away from me... or force you... or... or..."
I topped her by kissing her nose "No one's going to take me away from you, Angel. I'm yours forever"
Her eyes twinkled softly "F-forever?"
I smiled "Mm. Forever"
It seemed like the twinkle in her eyes dimmed down, but I didn't really pay much attention to it. I thought I made it clear that I was going to stay by her side forever? Maybe she's just sad that we won't have as much time as we used to anymore.