In the Middle of the Night

As requested by @sunflowerdaiisy inspired by song In the Middle of the Night.

Choi San, prince of Kingdom of Beautiful Forests.

San did his elegant bow in front of the crowd when he was introduced.

When he lifted his gaze and stood up straight again, he couldn't help but notice that this royal ball his father has held was more full of ladies than gentlemen.

Princesses, duchesses, and noble ladies from different kingdoms giggling sheepishly and whispering to each other when he did his greetings.

"I have high hopes you'll find a wife here tonight." His father spoke quietly behind him with a proud smile.

San only glanced at his father before walking into the crowd to do his job socializing and pleasing everyone.

It was exhausting.

Especially when he had to pretend to enjoy it.

The beautiful women trying to flirt with him were also annoying.

Because he simply wasn't into them.

He would much rather be with a simple kind man, living in a simple house in the village.

After the ball had finally ended and everyone left, san headed back to his room.

He found his butler right there, waiting for him.

"Your highness."

"Hyung...what are you doing here?"

"Waiting to hear about the lady that caught your eyes at the royal ball."

San sighed as he sat on his bed. "My father sent you, didn't he?"

Seonghwa smiled, his prince was quite smart.

"No lady caught my eye, hyung...they're all annoying."

"Well then...I'll leave your highness to rest."

San hummed and waved dismissively.

He was feeling a little trapped in this palace.

Going towards the window, he saw the little village behind the forest.