I Told the Sea About You

(A/N: I recommend listening to beach waves audio while reading this oneshot for a much better experience!)

The sound of beach waves.

And only the sound of beach waves.

Wooyoung sat on the sand, alone on this empty beach, knees pulled to his chest, the tide barely touching his toes as he looked up at the sky.

The sun was about to rise.

His favorite time of the day.

And the year.

No tourists, visitors, or people anyway.

But summer was arriving, the busiest time of the year.

Wooyoung worked in a resort, and due to the extreme weather of the island, people only came when summer did.

But Wooyoung would stay there and enjoy the quiet, collecting seashells.

Because that was his job, making accessories out of them and selling them to tourists and guests of the resort.

"Here comes another season..." Wooyoung sighed. "It's getting a little tiring, not gonna lie..." he told his best friend, the sea.

He didn't have family or friends. He left behind everything when he came here and decided to stay.

It was a lot better, peaceful and calm.

When the sun was fully out, Wooyoung got up with a sigh, grabbing his basket and collecting seashells "You're being very generous today." He smiled when the tide pushed more seashells to the shore. "These are beautiful."

Weeks later, that same beach was full of people.

Children building sand castles, couples kissing in the water, mothers preparing snacks, ladies rubbing sunscreen on each other, friends playing beach games.

It was crowded by all means.

Wooyoung just sat  quietly on the sand with his little display of accessories, waiting for passersbys to take a look and hopefully buy something.

He wasn't loud like the other sellers here.

"Hey there princess." He smiled when a little girl approached him. "Would you like a bracelet or a necklace?"

"I like this one..." she pointed at one of the bracelets then looked back at her mother calling for her to go back.

"You can take it for free then." Wooyoung helped her put it around her wrist. "There you go."

"Thank you!" The little girl smiled and ran back to her mother.

"You're not gonna make any money if you keep giving these away for free." Yeosang, the son of the owner of the resort scolded.

He was used to seeing Wooyoung every summer, they almost became friends.

Almost.

"She's just a kid."

Yeosang offered him a cold drink. "Here."

"Thanks." Wooyoung smiled, watching him walk away.

His eyes followed Yeosang to his group of friends.

They were playing volleyball against another group.

The other group.

Wooyoung's eyes fell on one of them.

A blonde guy with a white tank top and white shorts.

Feline eyes, sharp jawline and cheekbones, bright smile, squeaky laugh, and beautiful dimples.