Servant

Wooyoung kicked a small rock as he walked alone under the warm sun, head hanging low and hands in pockets.

Anyone who would have saw him would think that's a disappointed boy.

He let out a sigh as his phone rang, picking it up. "Yeah?"

"Hey Wooyoung, how's the job hunting going?"

"Terribly...I couldn't find one...I don't know what I'm gonna do Yeosang..."

"Let's have lunch together and think, how about that?"

"I can't have you pay me another meal..."

"Shut up Woo, that's what best friends are for."

"Thank you." Wooyoung hung up, trying his best to hold back his tears.

He felt so pathetic.

~during lunch~

"I don't know what to tell my mother, I was so determined to come to Seoul in hopes of finding a well paid job, but there's none at all!"

"Hey calm down...we'll figure it out."

Wooyoung buried his face into his hands. "I should have gone to college..."

"You couldn't afford it Woo...that wasn't an option for you, it's not your fault."

"Then what am I supposed to do now? I don't have a degree, I don't have experience in any job and I can't afford a place to stay anymore!"

"You shouldn't have quit your previous job so quickly..."

"No! That's one thing I don't regret...I don't want to work for that family for one more day."

Yeosang sighed. "It's okay...I'm sure you'll find another job..."

The two sat in silence, scrolling through their phones, hoping to find a job offer.

But they all required experience or a degree.

"I can't even work as a fucking waiter." Wooyoung threw his phone onto the table with a heavy sigh.

"Look, Woo...house servants needed."

"Again?!"

"You have the experience, it pays well, and you'll have a place to say."

Wooyoung took a long look at the post. Yeosang was right, it was his best chance.

"Alright."

~the next morning~

Wooyoung headed to the address of the house he was supposed to work in, looking up with wide eyes as he stood in front of the gate.

"Wow..."

He took a deep breath and walked in, surprised to find the front door open.

"You must be Jung Wooyoung, right? You're right on time, good for you." Spoke a tall elegant man with a gentle smile. "I'm Park Seonghwa, the head of the servants here."