I Think I'm in Love Again (pt.1)

Nat's POV:
I have been hiding out in Wakanda along with Steve and James, we'll he has been frozen for a while now. They plan on un freezing him soon but I'm not sure when. Anyways, ever since I turned against the government, they have been doing everything in their power to find me and arrest me. Luckily Wakanda is very hidden.

I have become good friends with T'Challa and his Family, they are all very welcoming people.

I have explored through the city a bit, and it is very beautiful. Me and Steve both have rooms in the palace and have access to many of its resources.

Ever since I opened up to Shuri, who is T'Challas little sister, she has been insisting on helping me with the nightmares, and overall trauma. I keep declining, insisting that I'm fine, but that girl does not like to take no for an answer.

I am currently in my room reading a book when Steve comes in.

"Hey Nat! Just wanted to let you know that they are waking Bucky up," Steve says almost jumping for joy.

"Already?" I ask.

"Ya! They have found a way to get rid of his trigger words," Steve explains.

"That's great!" I say, being excited for Steve.

Steve doesn't know this but when I was in the Red Room me and James kinda had a thing. We would sneak around together, and at one point he was the love of my life. But after the KGB and Hydra tore us apart, I just tried to block him out. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit excited to see him again, but who even knows if he still remembers me?

"Are you coming down to the lab?" Steve asks.

"Yep."

As we walk into the lab we see James sitting up on a cot with an Iv in his arm. Shuri is tending to him when he looks over and sees us. He smiles at Steve, but once he sees me his gives a confused look. I didn't realize how much that would hurt.

Maybe I do still love him?

Steve walks over to give his best friend a hug. I follow behind.

"Barnes," I greet.

"We meet again," he says in response.

"We do." And with that we give each other a smile and nod.

The awkward tension in the room is so strong right now.

"Well mr. Barnes should be good to go for now," Shuri says breaking the awkward silence. "Your vitals look good, just remember to stop by so we can help you with those trigger words."

I left quickly after that, making up some excuse about having something to do.

Third person POV:
"How are you doing buddy?" Steve asks his best friend.

"I feel very energized," Bucky responded.

"Wanna hit up the gym?" Steve asks his friend.

"Why not?"

The two best friends set off for the palace gym. When they got their they saw a familiar red head going at the punching bag.

"Let me just go get my water bottle," Steve said before running off to the kitchen.

Bucky walked over to Nat.

"What did the punching bag do to you?" He asked her.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

"Have I met you before?" He asked out of the blue.

"I mean you shot me twice," she stated.

"No, before that?" He asked. "Like when I worked for Hydra?"