Break

Summary: Nat and Bucky broke up over a stupid argument a couple of months ago. Bucky has "moved on," and is now dating a girl named Dot, while Nat is still heart broken, but hiding her feelings.
—————————————————————
Natasha was up far before the sun rose. She was in the gym punching away her problems.

This was the only time of day when the entire compound was asleep. Natasha took this as her time to let her feelings out, however she wanted, without being interrupted.

It has been four months since James Buchanan Barnes broke her heart. After all they had been through together in the Red Room, she thought that nothing could ever separate them again. But. She was wrong.

She can't even remember what started the argument, let alone what it was about. But James broke up with her, telling her he couldn't deal with her anymore. Obviously he said this in the heat of the moment, and later regretted it, but it was still said, and too late to take back.

While Natasha copped by punching a punching bag, James just decided to get with someone new. Dot was her name. Yes she was pretty, but she wasn't Nat. It started with Dot and James just going on dinner dates, maybe a hug exchanged. But recently Dot had been staying over at the compound.

The first night she stayed, she had come into the kitchen the next morning with James, to find Natasha in workout clothes, making herself some breakfast. Dots appearance caught Nat off guard. When she saw her with James, she felt some sort of betrayal. Even though they had broken up, she thought he still loved her, and this was just a temporary thing. No matter how many times they were separated, they always found their way back together, and forgave each other. I guess this time was different.

Dot has been staying over for the past week. It has really taken a toll on Nat, so now she finds herself every morning, before sun rise, in the gym punching a hanging bag.

Nat's POV:

A whole week, Nat thought to herself.

That bitch has been here a whole week.
He really had moved on, and just forgotten what we had.

I was punching the bag so hard just thinking about him with her. I didn't stop until I started to see blood on the punching bag. I took a quick look at my knuckles to confirm the source of where it was coming from, and then continued punching.

I didn't care about what my hands would look like after. All I cared about was the fact that the only person I have ever truly loved, the only person who knows every detail of my life, has moved on from me so fast. It infuriates me.

While I was in my trance, someone else had come into the gym. I didn't care to turn around and greet whoever it was. That was until the person came up behind me and grabbed my arms, restricting me from punching.

What threw me off the most was the feeling of metal restraining my one arm.

"What are you doing Natalia?" James asked sounding worried.

"You don't get to call me that." I snarled.

"You are going to hurt yourself," he told me.

"Does it look like I care?" I fired back.

"I care." He said with sympathy in his tone.

He's the last person I need sympathy from right now.

"Why should I believe you care?" I questioned. "Just go back to your little girl friend, and leave me alone."

"Nat," he sighed, "I'm really worried about you." He told me.

"Well don't be." I said, pulling out of his grip, and turning to face him.