Birthday Shenanigans

In honour of Scarlett's birthday:)

Bucky POV:
I woke up earlier than usual today because I wanted to be up before Natalia. It's her birthday today, she doesn't enjoy celebrating her birthday, she just sees it as the day she was "brought into this horrible world." I wanted to make this day as special as possible for her, maybe it will change her view on her birthday.

I get out of bed as carefully as possible, trying not to wake the sleepy assassin. I get out of the room successfully, and head down stairs to make my queen some breakfast.

As I am cooking some French toast, I hear foots steps coming towards me. As I hear them get closer, I turn around to see Natalia.

"What are you doing?" She asks, as I normally do not cook.

"Making my birthday girl some breakfast," I say as I grab her waist to pull her in for a hug. I kiss the top of her head, and then her lips.

She returns the hug, and kiss.

"Why?," she says with a groan. "You know how much I hate my birthday," she complains.

"I know, that is why I am going to spoil you all day," I tell her.

"Please don't," she pleads.

"I'm not taking no for an answer," I warn her.

"Ugh," she sighs before heading towards the couch.

I continue my cooking. Once I'm finished I call her over. I make her sit at the table, and place a plate of French toast in front of her. I give her a hug from behind and a kiss on the top of her head.

"Eat up!" I say.

"Looks good," she compliments.

"Does it taste good?" I ask.

She takes a bite.

"Yup," she responds. "That's some pretty good French toast."

"Only the best for my birthday girl," I say before giving her head another kiss.

Nat's POV:
My dear boyfriend has decided to take my birthday to the next level. I have always hated my birthday. It was the day I was born, taken from my family, and placed in the Red Room. I know. A lot can happen in twenty four hours. Anyways, that's all I usually think about on this day. I know James hates that I hate my birthday, and wants to change my opinion, but I don't think anything could change it.

"Once your done, go get ready, I have another surprise," James says enthusiastically.

I don't want to ruin his mood so I am just going to go along with it. Once I finish, I put my dishes away, and head to our tiny apartment room, to get ready.

"Almost ready love?" He shouts.

"Ya one sec," I shout back.

Once we are ready, we get in the car and he starts driving in some random direction.

"Where are we going, you know I hate surprises," I remind him.

"I think you will like this one," he says with that smirk on his face.

"It better not be a party," I warn.

"Don't worry, if I say you will like it, I mean that," he assures me.

We continue driving in a peaceful silence.

He eventually stops at a park near a lake. We get out of the car, and he grabs my hand to lead me over to a bench near the water.

We sit down and look towards the water. There is a water ski show happening in the lake, we sit there and watch for a little while.

"Pretty cool," he says, breaking the silence.

"Ya, but why was this my surprise," I asked confused.

"It's not," he says. "I just heard about it and thought we would take a little detour," he smiles at me. I smile back, not being able to resist. His smile is just so.......contagious.

"So what's the surprise then?" I ask looking into his eyes.

He grabs my hand and drags me after him. "Follow me," he says.

"I don't think I have much choice," I say while he squeezes my hand with his strength.

He takes me further in to the park.

We eventually reach a very nice wooded area. He spins me around and then bends down on one knee.

I feel the butterflies rush through my entire body as he starts to speak.

"Natalia. Ever since I met you, I knew I loved you," he pauses, I feel tears fill my eyes. "I have been wanting to do this for a while," he pulls out the promise ring he gave me in the Red Room, it is a reasonable sized, emerald ring. "Will you marry me?" He finally spits out.

I let a tear roll down my cheek before responding.

"Yes!" I say excitedly.

He slips the ring onto my left ring finger, while standing up.

"Where do you find it?" I ask.

"That is for me to know, and you not to," he teases.

"I'll beat it out of you," I threaten.

"Good luck but my lips are sealed," he says before kissing me on the lips. I kiss him back, and then pull away. I look into his big, ocean blue eyes, and he looks into my emerald green ones.

"The ring Matches your eyes?" He says.

"So it does?" I respond.

"I love you Natalia."

"I love you too James."

AWWWWWWWW