What The Heck? Pt.2

After one really long awkward dinner, Reese and Jack escaped back to their rooms as soon as possible. They don't really know how to feel about their parents at the moment.
—————————————————————
Later that evening...

Third person POV:

"Ok they were acting strange," Bucky admits to his wife.

"Yup, they're up to something," Natasha suspects.

"But they have never been that awkward, it was as if they were scared," Bucky points out.

"What could possibly scare them that much?" The red head asks her husband.

"I don't know Natalia," Bucky admits in defeat.

"Unless they know something they shouldn't," Natasha suspects.

"You're not saying..?" Bucky asks with fear of having to explain his past to his children.

"I'm not sure! But that would be something that would throw them off," Nat says turning around from the dishes.

"If they know about that then we have to come clean to them," Bucky tells her.

"I'm very well aware of what it means James," Nat says, getting frustrated.

James comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist, and puts his head on top of hers.
"Hey, hey, calm down love," he says soothingly.

Nat takes a Deep breath. "I just don't want them knowing about that part of my life, it still hurts when I think about it," she admits.

"I understand," Bucky says, while kissing the side of her head.

"I'm going to bed," Natasha says.

"I'll be up in a bit," he tells her, before giving her one last kiss.

Nat's POV:

I Walk up stairs and head to my room. I pass by my daughters door, and hear the two of them talking about something in a very loud whisper. I walk a bit closer to the door, but the floor squeaks blowing my cover. I hear a silence take over the room, and decide to keep moving, acting as if I was never trying to eavesdrop.

I turn on the shower, as hot as it will go, and jump in. The burning sensation calms all of my thoughts down, and I feel so relaxed.

Once I'm done with my shower I get out, dry off, and put a pair of boxers, and one of James's hoodies on. I come out into my room to see my daughter snooping through my drawers.

"What are you doing?" I ask, obviously startling her.

"Nothing!" She replies sounding terrified. I see her grab something.

"What do you have?" I climb onto the bed to get closer to her, since she is on the other side.

"Nothing!" She says again, before trying to make a run for it.

I grab her arm revealing the gun I keep under my pillow for "emergencies".

"What the hell are you doing with that?" I ask, trying to play off the fact that I'm the one with the gun.

"Your the one with the gun!" She says.

"That's for emergencies," I defend, holding out my hand for her to give it back to me.

"What kind of emergencies calls for you to keep a gun under your pillow?" She yells back at me.

"That is none of your business young lady! Now give. It. Back!" I yell back, still holding out my hand.

She looks at me for a moment before handing the gun to me. I double check the safety is on before retuning it to its spot under my pillow.

"Your crazy," I hear my daughter say. I look up at her, trying to hide the hurt that her comment caused me.