Chapter 1: Thief in The Market

"Stop, Thief" someone yelled as they pointed to a running figure in the market as guards seem to chase someone. To them, it was just another test and her will to survive. They chuckled as she seem to enjoy this.

Jumping over a polearm that they used to try and stop her and kicked it and threw it not harm but to make use as a jumping point. "Come on guys, you gotta do better" she mocked as this was all too easy for her. It was as if they weren't even trying. 

Running through the market, she notices a brick wall in her way. Jumping off to one building and then the other as if it was an everyday thing. She looked back as she saw the guards seem to have caught up with her. "Well it was a blast but I gotta get going." 

She heard one growl as she scaled the high walls and put to fingers to her forehead and pointed outwards. "See ya," she said as she fell back only to be met with more guards. She smirked as she saw them ready instance. She slid under one as they went for a hit as she put pressure on their arms causing them to fall as they went for another only to hit another.

She notices someone coming from behind ready to try and tackle her to the ground. She moved swiftly as they tumbled into an ally. Another went for attack with their weapon only to be counter their attack with her blade. 

Making it back to her hideout, she looked at the stash she stole. "Those no good scholars, I'll hand this in later" Yurei also known as the shadow thief was known to steal from well-known scholars whose means will lead to an undoing end or in some cases, expose them as a treasure hoarder who planned to rob the city.

It never stopped her from stealing from the rich who sponsor their actions. She smiled at the thought of exposing them as she took great pride.

She looked at her wanted poster as catching her has improved in vain for even the thirty corps. Even students couldn't get a hold of her and they tried every trick in the book but she was good at what she does. Yurei's outfit was considered darker in Sumeru's usual color codes and stood out in the open but in the shadows, she could hide easily while keeping her face covered.

"These people don't seem to appreciate all the hard work I do," she said out loud to herself as she shook her head to herself.

"I mean after all the events that transpire, they would be having a grand celebration." She then heard a barking which caused her to look over and saw her dog. "Smoky" she called out as they ran towards them.

Smoky sprinted forward as she held out her arms. Smokey was a companion from a young age and helped with dealing with bigger plots as well as messages.

Speaking of which she looked down at the collar and saw something was put on there. A scroll.

She grabbed she gave a few head pats to the dog. "Good job Smoky " she stated as she got up.

She sat down on her makeshift bed as she was a wanted criminal and had no choice but rough it out through the terrible storms or sometimes, have to change locations at the last second. "So someone is willing to give information but for a price" she mumbled. She looked at her dog as it sniffed her Pyro vision. "Let's give them a show shall we? After all, a thief such as this shouldn't be in the Market place."